I walked 10 miles at Disney!!

Holly O.
on 11/5/11 10:55 pm - FL
My husband and I spent 4 days at Disney in Orlando.  I thought I would wear my pedometer because I knew there would be a lot of walking!!  I had no idea we clocked over 10 miles!!  LOL  I went on that ride Space Mountain............never could fit in the seat but wanted to ride this so bad!!  Well I did and made it back a live!!  So much fun!!  I am almost 5 months out and down 60 some lbs.  Life is so good.........got to get out and live it!!
   Holly                                      
thetruediva
on 11/5/11 11:09 pm - MD
Way to go girl!!! Amazing!

Eliza55
on 11/5/11 11:33 pm - PA

Congrats!!!  A great NSV to be able to ride Space Mountain.

Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Donna D.
on 11/5/11 11:42 pm - Cockeysville, MD
Congrats to you that is awesome! That is a great NSV, and it is actually one of my goals to be able to fit on roller coasters again! Come on WLS!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

Holly O.
on 11/6/11 12:13 am - FL
Thanks guys!!  It was wonderful!!  Maybe inthe spring Iwill do it again!!
   Holly                                      
julesGA
on 11/6/11 12:24 am - Brunswick, GA
 Congrats Holly!  Rollercoasters are on my list too! I can't wait to ride one a few months from now!  :)

Great idea about wearing the pedometer at Disney. I am going to NYC in March and I think I will steal your idea.  I know we will be walking a lot there.  

Way to go!!

lilbear412
on 11/6/11 1:37 am - MN
 no rollercoasters for me...life is my rollercoaster..lol  but glad you had a great time.  my kids loved space mountain and hubby too.  but all this proves to me that i need to go back to DW to get my walking in.  i will talk to my husband about this..hahaha...great job with the walking and all..and love your theories of getting out and living.  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

DisneyLover
on 11/6/11 3:58 am - WI
We were there 10/25-11/1.  It was so nice to walk around that place and not hurt and to be able to comfortably fit on everything.  I rode SM once just to see how nice I would fit, but that ride is too rough for me so only once it was.
I have read that on average you walk 10-15 miles a day there, so you are right on with your count.  Crazy hey?

Sarah

unewillow
on 11/6/11 4:20 am - CT
WDW is great for walking a ton, but not really realizing it because there are frequent pauses to stand in line or ride the rides. I went on a 3 night Disney cruise then was at WDW for a week and the week after I got home hopped on the scale and had dropped 7 lbs. COngrats on being able to ride Space Mountain!

stlfocus
on 11/6/11 6:49 am - IA
I am going to Disney in January (5.5 months after rny). How did you deal with eating there? We will be on the quick service dining plan.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 431 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views