Venting...

Candigirl23
on 11/8/11 2:41 am
I am 7 months out, down 81 lbs. I think that is great. Everyone keeps saying how great I look. I went from a size 24 to a size 14 so far. Problem is... I have not lost any weight for approx 3 weeks! I have been eating differently, and sometime I think too much, but other times its a few bites and the meal is over. I am tired of looking at the scale and seeing no success. I love looking in the mirror and seeing it though. I am trying to make my brain understand that the scale isn't important, but for some reason it has become so important to me.

I would be happy with 5 lbs a month... I would be at my goal in 10 months... I really should exercise more... I work full time +, go to school full time, have a husband and two beautiful daughters. There is not a whole lot of time for the gym... I know people say you have to make time, but ugh!!!! How does anyone really do that?

Now I am saying, why are you typing instead of running on the eliptical in front of you? WELL, because I hate the damn thing... If we are being honest. I have not found anything I really enjoy doing. Right now I am sooooo sleepy that I am almost falling asleep typing this. LOL!

Oh well... It is what it is! I need to make some changes... I know!
~ THE BEST IS YET TO BE ~

Michelle V.
on 11/8/11 3:03 am - Livonia, MI
I was told that the first 6 months have the biggest drop in weight. After 6 months you have to work harder to loose weight. I'm not sure if that's the case for everyone. Just follow your plan and try to fit in some fun exercise with your family. Can you do family bike rides? Or Rollerblading, skiing?
Patti1md
on 11/8/11 3:21 am
I was at on a plateau for 3 weeks and now the scale is moving slowing.  I can see that I am losing but no on the scale.

poet_kelly
on 11/8/11 3:31 am - OH
You're just experiencing a normal stall.  If seeing the numbers on the scale is causing you so much distress, stay off the scale.  Get it out of your house if you need to.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

gabbyabby
on 11/8/11 4:21 am
an easy way to burn some extra calories, is to get a pedometer (sp?) and have it count how many steps you take, then try to beat it the next day so you are always moving just a bit more. 

jmelyn1977
on 11/8/11 4:40 am
If it makes you feel any better... we have just about the same date... same loss... same outcome!!! My scale has not moved for 1 month!!! I am clearly aware that I need to also make some changes... But I am just not interested in exercising as well!! So PLEASE know you are not alone!!
~Jamie~

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/8/11 5:01 am - OH
 The fact is that being at goal in 10 (or even 12) months is not realistic for many people other than "lightweights".  You are just experiencing a normal stall as you lose the malabsorption and as your body weight goes down (you need fewer calories to sustain a lower weight so your daily caloric deficit is smaller and therefore you lose less).

Dont stress about it.  It is normal.  Give yourself a break from both the scale and the potentially unrealistic expectations.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Lisa R.
on 11/8/11 5:04 am - CA
 in my 5th month I lost nothing!  Then I went to my support group and asked why.  A nice guy talked to me after the meeting told me to go back to total basics.

I now eat yogurt for breakfast then a shake for lunch, and protein for dinner with high protein snacks like cheese in between.  I lost 5 lbs this week!

So drastically change how you eat or what you eat, it worked for me.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
waitingtoexhale69
on 11/8/11 7:08 am - IL
Girl i feel you on that i am so tired, but i mentally want to go work out.  It's even more difficult when you are in school and have children.  I also work full-time and go to school ful-time as well.  Oh and not to forget a single parent of two, 5years and 7 years.  What ah WORLD. 

Most Active
Recent Topics