New Guy Starting the Journey

gcmcal
on 11/14/11 10:44 am - sellersville, PA
After Desert Storm I started to gain weight. My weight is out of control and I have severe sleep apnea now plus my legs, feet and knees hurt. I am very uncomfortable and don't even like to ride my motorcycle much anymore, something that I love to do.  For many months I have researched weight loss surgery leaning towards RNY surgery. I tried all of the fad diets only to gain all the weight back plus more.  I finally decided that it was time to make a move, so  in early November I went to meet with the surgeon to ask questions and find out more about a weight loss procedure. I filled out paperwork and within a week I got a call from the surgeon stating that my insurance company will approve  the surgery if I pass all the required test.  I just finished all of my test late last week (stress test, blood work, physiological evaluation). I am now waiting on the surgeon to get those results and then find out the next steps.I have read allot of your post on here. You all are very supportive of each other, and you have helped me understand what to expect. For that I thank you all. I would love to share my journey with you as I read yours. Thank you.

5'8, 363lbs,
poet_kelly
on 11/14/11 10:45 am - OH
 Welcome and good luck!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

gcmcal
on 11/14/11 11:45 am - sellersville, PA
Kelly,
Well spoken, thank you!
dori M.
on 11/14/11 10:49 am - MD
Welcome to the boards! I hope you find all the support & encouragement & info you need.
gcmcal
on 11/14/11 11:45 am - sellersville, PA
Thank you!
Donna D.
on 11/14/11 10:52 am - Cockeysville, MD
Hello, welcome, and Happy belated Veterans Day! Good luck with your journey! Keep us posted!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

gcmcal
on 11/14/11 11:46 am - sellersville, PA

Thanks for the belated Veterans Day wishes, that means allot.

Jess6580
on 11/14/11 10:56 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Welcome, goodluck and I started my journey on 9/21 with appointments, etc.  Surgery is 12/2 for me.  I hope you get your approval soon!  Best of luck :)
  HW: 345  SW:329   CW: 226   *16lbs lost pre-op  103 post op so far!*          
gcmcal
on 11/14/11 11:47 am - sellersville, PA
I bet your excited. Best of luck to you too!
YankeeRose
on 11/14/11 11:13 am - Meadville, PA
Hi gcmcal and welcome! Good luck with your weight loss journey and feel free to ask questions or just vent. There is a lot of good information here from people that have been through it, a lot of good people here too. Where is Sellersville, PA? I am in PA too about an hour or so north of Pittsburgh and about 45 mins south of Erie.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 18 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views