no weight loss since November 7, what's going on?

studleyslove
on 11/19/11 4:23 am - Marion, KY
 I am almost 5 months out, have lost 95 pounds, but cannot get jump-started again. I am getting my protein in, water is a little harder, and calorie-wise, probably not over 7-8 hundred calories. I walk daily, getting 2 miles in usually, go to an aqua aerobics class at least once a week, and ride a stationery bike for 2.5 miles at the gym. My bowel habits are iffy at best, with constipation being an issue, but, it was that way before surgery. I had complications after surgery with pneumonia, and lost 33 pounds in that 2 weeks after surgery, so the extra 62 pounds has been in that 4 1/2 months since.  I was and am on lasix for CHF, which should keep the fluids down. I find that I can eat certain things without problems, such as crispy items, but, don't like the carbs that I know it's giving me. I don't do sugary things at all. I try to get some meat in, but usually can't handle much. It's just getting very frustrating to be at this stall that I can't seem to get out of! thanks in advance to anyone with suggestions for me.
Sarah Hollis
Bettisima
on 11/19/11 4:51 am
I am sorry that you are frustrated, but you have done really well.

When you say a stall, how long has it been since you have lost a single pound? Two weeks? It's normal to have weeks of no weight loss, and of bouncing up and down with the same 2 or 3 pounds. My surgeons office states it isn't a stall until you go longer than 6 weeks without losing a pound.

The second thing I would suggest/recommend is to log every bite of food/beverage that goes in your mouth. If you aren't getting enough protein it can impact your weight loss. If you aren't getting enough fluids, it can impact your weight loss. Make sure your protein is greater than 65 grams a day, make sure your fluid intake is greater than 64 ounces a day.

Meds can slow down weight loss, but it doesn't mean it won't happen at all. I think you are doing very well. Some things could be tweaked a bit. Take your measurements, because some times the inches change when the scale doesn't. Put the scale away. Try to stay off of it for a couple of weeks. They are evil things that cause much brain damage.

Good luck!
Reddheadd7
on 11/19/11 5:26 am - CA
 You might need to up your calories with the exercise you're doing. I was losing less than a pound a wee****il I upped my calories. I get 1200/day and 30 min exercise at least 4 x a week. I lose like 2 lbs a week but I think I hit my first plateau 4 mths out. I've been at 200-201 the past couple weeks but I'm working through it. But try to up your calories for a week and see how it goes. I feel like it's hard for me now to have at least 1100 a day with my regular diet to get all my protein in. How do you do it??

poet_kelly
on 11/19/11 7:22 am - OH
Could be the beginning of a stall.  A stall is when you go a month or more without losing anything.  It's normal, it happens, it's nothing to worry about.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lilbear412
on 11/19/11 3:17 pm - MN
 7 to 800 calories is what i am eating at 3 months out so i am thinking you could up those calories..i am not actively going to a gym as of yet but i do spend about 6 hours on my job standing and walking.  I was not eating those calories and was also stopped until i raised my food, then i started losing again..could be coincidence but....lol  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

studleyslove
on 11/20/11 2:06 am - Marion, KY
thanks to everyone for the posts. I had heard that not eating enough could affect your weight loss, but, gosh, I don't understand how??? I am drinking my protein shakes or eating protein bars to make up for what I don't get with what little meat I am able to eat, which, btw, I have found fish to be the easiest to eat. I was doing good with the water until the last month or so. I can't find anything I like to drink anymore and water is getting very tiresome. I have been sick with bronchitis the last couple of days, so, no exercise, am hoping that doesn't hurt me. I HAVE to take something or my bowel habits are horrible, I just don't feel the urge to go anymore??? does this surgery affect those nerves or something? yes, I think I have done well, and I am very thankful for the progress. I just get impatient, I guess and feel like sometimes "is this all the weight I am going to lose" I have failed at everything else? why not this, too? (not a pity party, mind you) Just being honest. The protein bars from zone perfect are fantastic in case anyone has not tried them. 15 grams per bar and in all kinds of flavors, jus****ch the sugar content (15 grams per bar) so, I try to eat half of it at a time. We were told not to eat more than 10 grams at a time. I know this is a long journey for all of us, and your emotions are on a constant rollercoaster, especially early out. You are always wondering "am I doing what I am suppose to" Is this going to make me sick? Am I eating too much or not enough? I am not sorry I had the surgery and I don't think I could have done it by myself. I had way too much weight to lose on my own and I am very thankful for all the support I have gotten from friends and family. I am just anxious to get on with the rest of my life!!! thanks again for the responses and I will try out your suggestions. 
Sarah Hollis
zacmom
on 11/20/11 8:35 am
I was tired of the water so i bought some sf flavors from Target dragonfruit is very  very good. I use half a tube and ice with water and throw it in the majic bullet. Makes a great slushie drink and doesnt bother me at all. might make your throat feel good too. I just got over a sinus infection and it helped me a lot.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 362 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 276 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 206 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 300 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics