Truvia vs NuStevia

wendy_fou
on 11/20/11 10:57 am - AR

in the last few months, i decided to quit using Splenda (after reading in depth about it, it seriouslly surprises me that its not killing people right & left) after my liver enzymes rose for no reason.

after reading on here about stevia, i decided to give that a try.  i purchased NuStevia from a local health food store & loved it.  (pricey, but for how little u have to use, it totally works out just as cheap if not cheaper than alternatives.)  i reordered it in bulk online after my small health food store package ran out to get it even cheaper. 

well i accidentally ran out & my next big bag doesn't fedex to my house until tomorrow, so i had to resort to getting Truvia from my local wal-mart to last me through this weekend.

OMG now i totally get what all of u were saying when u said if u don't like ONE stevia product, to totally not give up & try another, that it depends on whether or not they use the quality (high priced) parts of the plant or just the stems, etc.  well OMG that is so true!

i love love love love love NuStevia & figured i'd like Truvia.  i hate Truvia.  its grainy & leaves an after-taste.  i also have to use more of it to taste the sweetness.  ill stick to NuStevia thank u!

so if any of u out there tried Truvia & think the stevia plant is gross, leaves an after taste, etc... do not give up at least until u try NuStevia. 

just sayin...

takqia1
on 11/20/11 11:14 am
Thank you for posting that! I will try Nustevia where did you get it at online?
wendy_fou
on 11/20/11 11:34 am - AR
i order direct from NuNaturals that makes it!

www.nunaturals.com

(use coupon code 20kjr for a discount - something like 20% if memory serves)

i order the NuStevia White Stevia Powder 5lb bag for $83.49 (but it ends up being $66.79 after the coupon code since shipping is free for orders over $35) ---- ( i order it in 5 lb bags now because i already know i like it & that's cheapest)

KKresner
on 11/20/11 11:36 am
I HATE Splenda, it makes me so sick! I will have to try NuStevia!

ThinnerAngel
on 11/20/11 12:49 pm - Rochester, NY
Thanks for this informative post...just orderd 1000 packets for $63.00 free ship on Amazon...3-5 days here.

Great post!!

Reel
on 11/20/11 4:55 pm

Thanks for this resouce, I'm going to order 100 packets for $9.99 and if i like it, I'll order more.

Highest Weight: 314, Pre-Op Weight: 294, Surgical Weight: 279, 1st Goal Weight: 170, 2nd Goal Weight: 155, Current Weight:163

Blondie76
on 11/20/11 9:01 pm - AL
I soooo agree! NuNaturals is the only stevia if you ask me. It doesn't have that bitter aftertaste that so many brands do. It's great to bake with too!
dasie
on 11/20/11 9:10 pm
Thanks for the info.  I need to start using a sugar substitute.

BeautifulCajun
on 11/20/11 9:16 pm - Evangeline , LA
Thanks!

wendy_fou
on 11/20/11 9:21 pm - AR
i was surprised that the TEXTURES differed so much

Truvia has a grainy, almost large granuled sugar/salt looking texture

NuStevia has a powdered sugar texture/look to it.  in fact, my only complaint about NuStevia is when i get my 5 lb bag in & transfer it to my large rubbermaid container is that it is SOOO powdery as opposed to granular that a little powder "fog" comes up when i dump it from the bag into the sealable container!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 285 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 209 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 279 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 143 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 209 views