Puree food

mongirl
on 11/27/11 4:31 am - Canada

I asked a questions a couple of days ago . I  didn't kno that i can eat mayo in eggs . chicken , tuna  and also pea soup? i though it was just in the next step soft  CONFUSED

Lisssy
on 11/27/11 5:03 am
Hi well it depence what u can Handel and what ur doctor tells you ... Blend the chicken as far as mayo I'm not to sure but u can eat pea soup just blend it ! Tuna that's fine just chew real good ! Good luck 
Reel
on 11/27/11 5:49 am

Each surgeon's requirements are different. I've read that some folks' surgeon has kept them on liquids for one whole month.  My surgeon had me on liquids for 2 weeks, then pureed for 2 weeks, then soft food for 2 weeks, and then regular food.

Highest Weight: 314, Pre-Op Weight: 294, Surgical Weight: 279, 1st Goal Weight: 170, 2nd Goal Weight: 155, Current Weight:163

dori M.
on 11/27/11 6:09 am - MD
My nut says you can have all the things you listed above when you get to puree stage.
lilbear412
on 11/27/11 7:24 am - MN
 my program said anything protein as long as its pureed...and they also said to use light mayo...light salad dressings...taco sauces...etc..to make things taste good.  I used my crock pot a lot to make chicken and pork and added FFsoups and milk to them to make gravies for when i pureed them.  refried beans, cheese, yogurt, pea soup...anything you can puree thats protein...at this point i started cooking for my family and eating what they ate.  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

mongirl
on 11/27/11 10:26 am - Canada
Thanks  Everybody it help me a bit !
Most Active
Recent Topics