Tomorrow's my big day!!!!

cleach1972
on 12/4/11 5:21 am
And I am super excited!!! I only had to do the liquid diet today and I just drank the magnesium citrate. I haven't been nervous but who knows how I will feel tomorrow. I'm gonna write a list of things that I need to take with me and once I do that I guess I'll just twiddle my thumbs until its time for me leave in the morning. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. so that will be here before I know it...so as I leave to pack my bag I will end this saying...I will see y'all on the loser's bench...
Rena H.
on 12/4/11 5:35 am
I just drank my Magnesium Citrate too. That was the worst thing I had ever tasted in my life! (lol)

Good Luck and God Bless. I will have you in my prayers.
cleach1972
on 12/4/11 5:40 am
LOL...it was horrible...but I pinched my nose and didn't stop until the bottle was empty...did you drink water also? It helps with the stomach cramping...make sure you keep me posted and I will keep you posted...
Rena H.
on 12/4/11 5:48 am
I actually poured my over ice in a glass. It made it ALOT better. I chased it with water. But it still was horrible (lol) I will keep you posted. I'm taking my laptop and Ipod touch with me, so I should have access to the Internet. Hopefully I will feel good enough tomorrow evening to post an update.

Hug!
Jess6580
on 12/4/11 7:02 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Goodluck :)  you will do great! 
  HW: 345  SW:329   CW: 226   *16lbs lost pre-op  103 post op so far!*          
Donna D.
on 12/4/11 5:43 am - Cockeysville, MD
Congrats again! I know you are very excited and filled with all kinds of emotions! Just think you will be a different person this time next year! I am wishing you the best, and praying for a speedy recovery! Save a seat for me on the loosers bench!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

owlisn
on 12/4/11 5:48 am - NC
Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. Keep in mind the things you need to accomplish after surgery...pain meds, walking, peeing. After surgery, your mouth will be dry, but you cannot drink yet. Ask for swabs, which doe actually help. Keep a positive attitude and stay on the nurses to get what you need. The first few days are so odd, but each day gets better.

If you think the magnesium is bad, wait until your swallow test on the day after your surgery. The most foul tasting stuff, and then you can't drink anything until you get the results, bleh.

Let us know how you are doing and again, good luck!
Allison

maimeem71
on 12/4/11 6:00 am - ID

Mine is tomorrow and I am super excited. I had to do a liquid diet only for today, but I didn't have to take the citrate thing, sounds like I got lucky. I am hungry right now though. lol
For My Roses Forever and Always

willoseit
on 12/4/11 6:09 am
Wow,  My surgery is tomorrow as well.  It looks like there are quite a few us.  I am super nervous, but kind of excited too.  All week I have been going back and forth in my mind if this is really what I want to do, but I think that is normal(at least I hope so).  I didnt have to drink magnesium citrate but I have been on protien drinks for 2 weeks now.  So i guess that is my trade off.   Good luck to everyone one of us tomorrow! :)

Teresa

HW: 324.7  SW:      CW:        GW:165    
Jess6580
on 12/4/11 6:58 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Goodluck!!!  My day was Friday.  I got released from the hosptial about 5 hours ago today.  The first day and a half was the worst for me, but now I'm fine.  Walking, and sipping water, and adding some protein powder back in to start increasing that.  So you will do just fine.  I'm so excited for you!!  I'm so happy to be on the losers bench...although I gained 13lbs in the hospital...but I hear that's water weight and stuff from surgery. 

FYI, chapstick saved me.  I was so dry after surgery and I was NPO for 24 hours after surgery, so the chapstick and occasional ice chip did wonders!  Best of luck to you tomorrow and you will be in my thoughts!
  HW: 345  SW:329   CW: 226   *16lbs lost pre-op  103 post op so far!*          
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 7 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 255 views