5 days post op question?

mimijo
on 12/10/11 10:25 pm
5 days out and back on full liuqid diet.  Someone said sugar free hot chocolate was good and I tried this morning it went down very easy and was soothing.  Is this OK for us to drink and how often?   It seemed to have a calming effect on my little tummy? 
taylorwayzz
on 12/10/11 10:48 pm - MI
I say if its going down easy and you like it, then have at it. I drink some everyday and just make sure i get all my protein in as well. Best wishes to you!!!
 Lynnette                 
Lisssy
on 12/10/11 10:55 pm
 That is fine since its sf , if u can try to add some protien in it so u are taking ur protein at the same time .. Good luck in time it gets easier to adjust ! 
poet_kelly
on 12/10/11 11:46 pm - OH
Sugar free hot chocolate is fine to drink.   When you get further out and need to pay attention to calories, you'll have to take that into consideration.  But right now, it's fine, drink all you want.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

seashell6417
on 12/10/11 11:48 pm - Gaylord, MN
I think as long as you are not sensitive to any sugar alcohols that might be in it you should be fine.  Adding protein would be a good idea or you could make it with warm milk instead of water for the added protein as long as you are not sensitive to lactose (some people have a problem w/ that after surgery...I did for a year or so).
Tami

Eggface
on 12/11/11 3:32 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Loved protein laced, SF hot cocoa in the beginning... heck its yummy even this far out ;)

I mixed the protein with milk till blended like a normal shake then steamed it or nuked it then added the cocoa mix for no lumps. Oodles of protein.

Speedy healing!
~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

ShebasMom
on 12/11/11 5:57 am
Revision on 07/05/16
I drink my SF (25 cal) hot chocolate with a couple tablespoons of protein powder. You will need to mix the protein in cold water, it will clump in ho****er. I also drink decaff coffee with protein powder too.

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

Most Active
Recent Topics