New Me

ericc11964
on 12/11/11 7:37 pm - NY
 So here I am 4 1/2 months post-op. things are going great. I feel great and many people tell me that I look great as well. However, I still feel skeptical when I hear that. I know I have changed but there are many times I look in the mirror and still see the "old" me. I was that person for a long time. I was looking in a full length mirror the other day and just broke down. Because I'm not sure who that was who was looking back at me. I know my numbers are good and show good results but I am still getting use to this new person. I've lost over 135 lbs and I'm about 20 lbs from my goal weight. I've gone from a size 4xl shirt to a xl or l and not to mention I've went from a 46 pant to a 36. I don't know when I ever wore these sizes albeit briefly. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to realize and embrace the new you?

gonetothedogzz
on 12/11/11 7:58 pm - OH
You look mighy handsome to me!
bowlwidow
on 12/11/11 8:51 pm - IN
I think we all go through that faze.  We still see the Fat girl in the mirror.  It does get better, as time goes on.  We adjust to the new us.  Good job on your success.

Christy

HW/SW/CW/GW
324/287125/130      

mrslatch
on 12/11/11 9:12 pm - Fort Campbell, KY
I'm almost 2 years out and have the same issues lots of times. It is hard for me to mentally figure out where I stand size wise. I ask my husband a lot "am I smaller or bigger than her?" when we are at the mall, or around friends. I can obviously tell if I'm smaller than someone who is morbidly obese, but when we start to get into 'just fat' and 'normal' sized people, I can't figure out where I stand.

Many times when shopping, or even picking out clothes in the morning in my own closet, I look at things and think "that is so small, it is never going to fit".

I don't really know when it gets 'better' but just know you are not alone!
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 267 views