surgery buddies??

txtumbleweed
on 12/11/11 10:21 pm - TX
I'm looking for people having surgery on or around Dec. 27 to share the journey with.  A little about myself.  I'm 43 years old, BMI 41.2, special education teacher, who lives in the Texas panhandle.  I also quilt for the public and love all aspects of quilting.  I will be having surgery in Dallas with Dr. Wade Barker.  Dallas is a 6 hour trip from White Deer (45 miles NE of Amarillo).  Looking forward to finding a new friends.  gail

Gail Wilson
RNY 12/27/11

Angel_Moore
on 12/11/11 10:31 pm - KY
Best of luck to you Gail!!!  I just had my surgery 2 and a half weeks ago :)
labellavita1982
on 12/11/11 10:57 pm - Neenah, WI
Best of luck to you Gail! I have a surgery buddy myself. I met a girl at a support group the day before my surgery. She was having the surgery the same day as me. So we hung out in the hospital together.

HW-500lbs SW-381 CW-235 GW-185
Steph
undergoingchange
on 12/11/11 10:58 pm
Hi Gail,

I am having my surgery on Dec. 27th also.

I am 51 y/o mother of two adult children, married 26 years.  BMI 48 something.  I am an RN and I run a detox center.  I live in the Middle Georgia area.

I love beautiful quilts but I am not handy that way. 

My surgery will be in Savannah, Ga with Dr. Oliver Whipple.  RNY.  Savannah is only 90 minutes from me.

I would love to share the journey together.

I will request you as a friend.
erichardy
on 12/12/11 1:08 am - Greenwood, IN
Gail, my Surgery is on Dec. 20th, I would be happy to be your friend through this. I am a 50 yo male, married with one daughter.

wvugal89
on 12/12/11 2:50 am - MD
I would be happy to buudy with you my surgery is on Dec 20th. I live in Maryland and am a music teacher ( so we are giving up our xmas breaks together!) I am 44 as of 11/28 and love volunteering!

Teri-Lynn
Trish S.
on 12/12/11 3:59 am - Upstate , NY
Hi Gail:
I had surgery last Monday, Dec 5.  I'm 52, married with two grown children,, I am a surgical technician in the OR,  and I LOVE to quilt too!!!!!  I live in Upstate New York.  Good luck to all of you!!!  You are going to do great!
--Trish
“I think everyone should be told they’re beautiful until they believe it.?

moon1950
on 12/12/11 6:21 am - MA
I will be having WLS on Dec. 23rd.....not sure which surgery....I want the bypass but may need to have to sleeve because of scar tissue and a hernia.....most importantly, I want to loose as much weigh as possible to become healthier,  I am 61 years old....a retired Special Education teacher and guidance counselor.  I DO have difficulty with eating,,,,, have lost 48 pounds so far before surgery  and have found that I truly enjoy exercise.  I do Zumba 3 times a week, ride a stationary bike, do weights and swim for a total of 8 hours a week.  My BMI is about 43.
Most Active
Recent Topics