Yeah, I'm COLD too, what about some HOT drink ideas?!

Geminisappho
on 12/16/11 10:10 pm - Atascadero, CA
Frrreeeeeezing here. I want my whale suit back, at least for the winter.

I am trying to stay warm with delish warm drinks but have run out of low sugar non-caffinated ideas. I am hoping not to go over 7-10gm sugar not including milk "sugars"
I was making:

*Awake Tea Latte, but I was drinking so much tea I was afraid I would give myself kidney stones.
*Hot cocoa w/ or w/o protein
*Coffee (I'm not into Click)

I have Keurig and am kinda obsessed with trying new pods so bonus if it is a Keurig hot drink.

Any other ideas besides drinking ho****er? Thanks a million and happy holidays!
***ADRIENNE**

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/16/11 10:12 pm - Baltimore, MD
Three step solution:

1. Go to www.bariatricfoodie.com
2. Scroll down right hand side to recipe categories until you reach "Protein hot drinks"
3. Click...and enjoy!

I'm purposely not linking because it's fun to scroll down and discover al there is to see there. BF is the magnum opus of my food obsession! ;)

As for non-protein hot drinks, I am a lover of hermal mint tea. Hot and soothing to the senses.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Kaoz789
on 12/16/11 10:45 pm
 Thanks for the site info! 

Bookmarked. ^_^
Kaoz789
on 12/16/11 10:19 pm
 I'm still nuking my trusty beef and chicken broths.  ^_^ Also, I was recently introduced to a hot toddy. And on Vitalady's website there are some protein drinks (chai latte, chicken soup, apple spice) that can be found too! 

I'm addicted to my Kuerig too! Are you doing your own tea/coffee/juice mixes or sticking to the pre packaged ones?

Geminisappho
on 12/16/11 10:28 pm - Atascadero, CA
Nice plug Nik, Lol. Thanks so much, I actually had a "brain fart" and forgot to look at your site, Blasphemy! I am on it now!

As far as my Keurig obsession. I am just using pre-packaged. I have the little deal do make my own but alas surgery does not change laziness in all situations. Now if they come up with a CLICK keurig , I may be willing to give it another shot!
***ADRIENNE**

unewillow
on 12/17/11 3:44 am - CT
My go-to hot drink these days doesn't have protein in it, but it's still yummy and liquids.

I brew an 8oz K-cup of coffee into a packet of NSA hot cocoa then hit it with a splash of SF Torani Peppermint syrup and a splash of SF Vanilla Coffeemate. It's better than the SF Starbucks Mocha IMHO.

flyingwoman
on 12/17/11 9:00 am
Herbal teas are great for warming you up, and getting a warm bellied comfort feeling. I have a collection of a billion of them!