I gained 2lbs

Sean_A_New_Man
on 12/26/11 2:40 pm - Milwaukee, WI
I am two years out and I have gained 2lbs and I am beating myself up over this. I really need somebody to encourage me and make me feel better!!!!!
missjann
on 12/26/11 2:53 pm

I'd say instead of beating yourself up, you should congratulate yourself
for catching your "gain" at 2 lbs instead of 20.  Also, 2 lbs is hardly a
weight gain since most folks can lose or gain 2-5 lbs in any given day for
a variety of reasons. If you've been doing holiday eating, cut back and
watch things for a week or so. Good luck!

Jan

Evelyn3131
on 12/26/11 8:36 pm - Burlington, NC
Ditto to Missjann.....  also glad you caught it at 2lbs instead of 20 and that is normal fluctuation from day to night and is probably jus****er.  Go back to what you know how to do best and don't fret. When we get caught up in a negative outlook it just sets us up for failure.  So bring on the positivity and  the 2lbs will be gone in no time.

Evelyn

Surgery Date 6/30/2011          
poet_kelly
on 12/26/11 11:50 pm - OH
Over two pounds?  Um, you can lose two pounds just by pooping.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/27/11 12:27 am, edited 12/27/11 12:28 am - OH
Seriously?  You are beating yourself up over two pounds?  Are you even sure that it is two pounds of fat and not additional muscle or plain old water weight?

Even if it is two pounds of fat, you can get it back off pretty easily.  Increase your protein, water, and physical activity and decrease your simple carbs.

Honestly, if gaining two pounds is this distressing, I would encourage you to seek counseling to work on a more balanced outlook on your weight, because this will definitely NOT be the last time the scale goes up a couple of pounds.  Maintaining your weight is going to be a lifelong effort, and you will make yourself miserable if you beat yourself up every time you gain 2 pounds.

Lora 

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

hedrider
on 12/27/11 3:10 am - Midlothian, TX
Good for you for keeping on top of things.

However, two pounds is nothing to beat yourself up over.  i can gain two pounds between morning and evening.  Weight fluctuates wildly depending on so many things.  As long as I stay within a 5 pound range I consider myself fine.

It's when those two pounds continue to trend up that you need to start worrying.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Sean_A_New_Man
on 12/28/11 12:46 pm - Milwaukee, WI
I thank everybody for the wisdom and I do think I am being to hard on myself so I am going to lighten up
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 144 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views