For the women...

owlisn
on 1/8/12 5:41 am - NC
 I have an Implanon for birth control and since I had not had a period for over a year because of that, I was expecting not to have a period after the surgery.  I knew it might be a possibility though.

Instead, my body is now very confused.  I started 3 days after surgery, and it lasted a week.  2 weeks later, I started again and went for a week.  I skipped a week and started again.  This one is much lighter, but really?

Has anyone else experienced the off and on?  Last time this happened while I did not have the Implanon, we tried to stop it with Provera.  Very bad idea.
Allison

wvugal89
on 1/8/12 5:45 am - MD
I did. I had my period as it was supposed to two weeks before surgery. I then started two days after surgery and again two weeks later. I am hoping it will straighten out soon.

Teri-Lynn
POI

angelajula
on 1/8/12 6:07 am - Eldersburg, MD
I also have an Implanon rod. Because it's estrogen based  and can increase your risk of clotting/stroke/heartattack, it is/was a problem. I wanted to have it removed, but the Doc said nah don't do that you'll just give yourself s****** a day for over a month. I have always had random off and on particularly when I first started the rod. I'm still on heparin now which is a blood thinner and between that and a prescription antactid both counteract birthcontrol and make it more likely I will get my period. It will stop again, but don't rely on your birth control for a while.
Everybody has one fight. This is mine. ~ Stacie  
O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/12 6:09 am
 At the time it was not a good thing having a hysterectomy at the age of 30. But I am so thankful I do not have to deal with all that anymore. LOL. So sorry you are having so much trouble. 
Lisa R.
on 1/8/12 7:17 am - CA
One thing I have learned this past 8 months when it comes to TOM is that every month is a new experience.  For me it happens only once a month and right about when I expect it to, but how it is going to be is always unexpected, long, short, heavy, painful.  It can last a week, it can last a day.   

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
twellington1
on 1/8/12 7:48 am - NH
I have Mirena IUD and did not get my period at all before surgery. For the first three months after surgery I got it on and off each month. It would come for a week leave come back.  This is the first month that I did not get it.  Actually took a pregnancy test just to be sure (LOL).  I think I might be back to my "normal" now.  Hope so at least.  Good Luck

red1432
on 1/12/12 11:18 am
RNY on 11/29/11 with
I have mirena also and have had 3 light periods in 6 wks! Plus I'm on lovenox shots ...glad to hear I'm not the only one!
CV-22WIFEY
on 1/8/12 8:28 am - mary esther, FL
 Had my period and it finished the day before surgery,then two weeks later had another one then four weeks later another,at seven weeks post op I am hoping with time they will sort it self out soon!! 
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/12 8:51 am - Canada
My period disappeared for months. The doctor told me it was all due to the rapid weight loss and partly due to the lack of calories my body was taking in. My period returned and leveled out eventually.
undergoingchange
on 1/8/12 12:11 pm

I am on BCP.  Had my period 2 weeks before surgery.  Had another starting the day I came home from the hospital. Lasted about a week.  It's been a week since and darn if I didn't start again today.

I usually have a period once per month like clockwork.  Even know what time I will start on what day.

Most Active
Recent Topics