procedure tomorrow

way2kay
on 1/9/12 12:11 pm - Crosby, TX
 ok...i haven't been able to eat real food since about christmas...i have thrown up everything solid i've eaten in the last two & a half weeks, so i went back to liquids & i go back to the hospital tomorrow morning for a procedure to he can "check my pouch"...i don't remember what the nurse called it, but she didn't use the word scope...anyone have any idea what i might be facing tomorrow...?  just curious...

Kay

Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another "What! You too?  I thought I was the only one!!"           - C.S. Lewis    
elsa2
on 1/9/12 12:19 pm - fort worth, TX
I've had a few egd's those are as you mentioned scoped. Basic a camera in your tummy. Most likely they want to make sure things are passing smoothlyu they do a barium swallow. You would have had one of those before being discharged. I hope nothing to invasive. Did they say to have someone drive you? My egd's have all been under anesthesia.
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/12 12:30 pm - Canada
Sounds like what I had done - in my case they sedated me - put a tiny camera down my throat to see what was going on with my pouch. I did not find it all that bad. I hope they figure out what is wrong.
poet_kelly
on 1/9/12 12:48 pm - OH
An endoscopy, probably.  Maybe an upper GI, but more likely an endoscopy (which is a scope).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Barb H.
on 1/9/12 1:53 pm - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
So sorry you are having so many issues, but hopefully this will figure out whazup so it can be fixed! Keep us posted!
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

Most Active
Recent Topics