I JUST GOT MY DATE!!!!!!!

MikesJulie
on 1/17/12 7:11 am - MA
RNY on 02/07/12
I am so excited... I just rec'd a call from my dr office confiming they rec'd approval from my insurance company ...which only took a week.. and they scheduled my surgery for February 7th.  Exactly 3 weeks from today.  I am so emotional right now..  any suggestions to help prepare???
Sunnygurl
on 1/17/12 7:12 am - VA
RNY on 02/28/12
WoW,,, thats awesome...  i'm excited for you.... 

Autumn Jensen
on 1/17/12 7:16 am - Lind, WA
RNY on 03/06/12
Awesome!!! Good luck!

ladyhoneybee6
on 1/17/12 7:32 am
RNY on 01/30/12
Congrats I know the feeling.if you are like me I was nervous excited and scared.when I got my call about 2 weeks go almost.my surgery date is 1/30/12 .i cant wait.congrats on your sugery date !!!.
1Haute Diva
on 1/17/12 7:38 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
No words of wisdom on how to prepare.. but congrats on getting a date!!!
- Shaw

Donna D.
on 1/17/12 8:16 am - Cockeysville, MD
Congrats and welcome to the loosers bench! Just stay optimistic and go in to surgery with positive thoughts!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

MikesJulie
on 1/17/12 8:45 am - MA
RNY on 02/07/12
Thank You for all the responses.  This is going to be a long awaited journey.  I wish ALL OF YOU  nothing but the Best.  Its so nice to have a place to come to for support.  I consider you all my new family. 
Kristina679
on 1/17/12 9:17 am - Somerville, MA
RNY on 03/20/12
 that  great i get my date on thursday and i can not wait 

Lisa R.
on 1/17/12 9:51 am - CA
 Your story sounds so familiar!  That's good.

Just get yourself ready, make sure you get all your stuff done because you will not feel like doing much for at least a month after surgery.  Clean out your closet and check to see what sizes of cloths you have, so when you start to lose you know what you have to get into.  

Do lots of reading about what you are about to do, read the good and the bad.  I read this whole article about emotions after surgery and I am glad I did because when I lost my mind a few times I knew it was normal.  

Post all your questions on the board and get your answers.

MOST OF ALL, get your vitamins in order.  Go buy what you need and make a schedule.  Make sure you get the right stuff and take it very seriously.  This will help you in so many ways.  

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
mustangmama
on 1/17/12 9:53 am - TX
RNY on 01/03/12
Congratulations!

I remember the call from my doctor's office informing me of approval.  Everything moved really fast after that call.

Definitely get all of your vitamins, protein shakes...supplements in advance of your surgery and see if your doctor will give you the pain scripts before you're admitted.  I didn't do that and I had to wait an hour at my pharmacy on the way home from the hospital to get my pain meds.  It would have been nice to just go home and have everything waiting for me.  Also, make certain you buy some Gas-X strips and Dulcolax stool softener in case you have issues with passing gas or constipation.

Good luck...

Most Active
Recent Topics