Question About Protein Drinks

talula216
on 1/20/12 10:01 pm - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
How far  in advance can protein drinks be made.  I am thinking I would like to have some made the night before for the next day.  Thank you for any help on this,

Talula
Starting weight 369

jennifer W.
on 1/20/12 10:23 pm
I've done this and I don't like the way they taste in the a.m. it may also be the protein I use as well, isopure.
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/21/12 12:07 am - OH
Some protein powder containers tell you to drink it within 30 minutes (I don't know why), but I know that some people make them ahead of time and let them sit to let the foam go down if they use a blender.  The only time I mixed up one and then let it sit in the refrigerator for about 4 hours, it had thickened and the taste was different (and not in a good way).  I don't think it affects the protein in any way, but I don't know that for sure..

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 1/21/12 1:08 am - OH
You can mix them up as far in advance as you like.  It does not affect the protein.  Think about milk - a gallon of milk can sit in the fridge for a week and the protein doesn't go away, right?

However, it might affect the texture or taste of the drink.  If you don't mind that, you can make them up the night before if you like.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

talula216
on 1/21/12 3:13 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
Thank you all for your responses.  I have been using the Nectar I have liked the 2 I have used so far.  But I find them better cold.  So I put a pitcher of water in the fridge so It will be cold when I make them.  Right now i am using all the samples I bought.  Its been intresting.

Talula
Starting weight 369

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 1/21/12 3:15 am
RNY on 01/10/12
 I mix mine with cold water (from a Brita pitcher in the fridge) and crushed ice.  I do let them sit for a while for the foam to go down.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

Keeves
on 1/21/12 9:16 am - Elizabeth, NJ
I find that the protein settles to the bottom in a half hour or so. Doesn't affect the nutrition, but the top ends up like chocolate milk and the bottom is gooey yuck. Just stir it a bit and it'll be fine.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 252 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views