Military spouses or TRICARE members?

Bellaafwifey
on 1/22/12 4:36 pm - hill afb, UT
I am freaking going nuts. My doctor JUST put the referal in on friday and I am about driving myself crazy! How long does it take before you know? I can check online and so far no update as expected but I am just wondering how long I have to take this lol I'm so scared.

xoxo,
Sarah
DebsGiz
on 1/22/12 7:35 pm - FL
I knew within the week.

I was surprised how quickly my approval came back.

Good luck!!! 
UK_Longhorn
on 1/22/12 7:42 pm
My approval took about 2 weeks but I am overseas so I don't know if that makes it quicker or slower????

kimmiesue L.
on 1/22/12 7:51 pm
 I just had surgery Friday. We have tricare standard. It took 2 days. It was very quick. Good luck!

Tonya499
on 1/22/12 9:10 pm - Riverton, UT
 Once Tricare received my paperwork (it took 2 attempts) it took one day to get approval.  Do you meet all the guidelines?  Even documentation of failed diet attempts?  That caused 2 people at my doctors practice to be denied.  My PCP wrote a letter stating I had been on WW and tried Alli and phentermine in the past.  If you have it all, you're golden.  If not, Tricare has an easy appeal process.  Don't freak.  You will get through this.

Start weight 226. Surgery weight 218 on 1/6/12    
Day_dream_believer
on 1/22/12 9:20 pm

Remember this was the weekend so you can't expect anything until Monday at the earliest. Most likely it won't be until Tuesday or later.   My referral to see the Bariatric surgeon took about a week.  My approval for surgery took 3 weeks because of a mix up with Tricare.  Their fax machine wasn't working or something.

Nell R.
on 1/22/12 9:48 pm - Hewitt, TX
I got my TriCare approval in about 3 or 4 days

dianabelle12
on 1/22/12 9:58 pm
It doesnt take long at all i have tricare also it took me like 2 days!Good luck to you:)

_Donna_
on 1/22/12 10:04 pm
I got my phone call in 3 or 4 days and she apologized for it taking so long because my surgeon's office had given her the wrong number to call.

I'd say you should hear something by the end of the week.
But,be patient and dont call them. If they are on the fence about something, you might push them in the wrong direction.

RNY 5-5-2011

Kaysmommy
on 1/22/12 10:30 pm - Silver City, NM
Once my doctors office sent it in, It only took 2 business days to find out.  Im sure by the end of the week you will have your approval.   :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Most Active
Recent Topics