question for Nik about protein popsicles.

Jackie M.
on 1/24/12 12:07 am - Fairhaven , MA
 made the protein popsicles and love them!! sooo good.  was wondering if you know the nutrition for 1.  cant figure out how to figure it out! LOL thanks for your recipes. they are awesome!  Jackie

Cleopatra_Nik
on 1/24/12 12:14 am - Baltimore, MD

Nope! I go sort of Joan Crawford about nutritional stats! You have to figure it out for yourself! BUT I will teach you how to do that:

Interwebz method:

1. Log onto your favorite online food tracker (Fit Day, Sparkspeople, Live Strong, etc.). Each of these has a "custom" eating function that allows you to input the ingredients you used for your recipe. In Livestrong you would click "create recipe" on the MyPlate function.

2. Be sure to include EVERYTHING you used in your recipe (which may be different from what I used in mine, which is one of many reasons I refuse to give nutritional info).

3. Some trackers ask you how many servings your recipe yielded, some do not (Live Strong does). If so once you create the recipe, it gives you the complete nutritional label for it. If not, you have to divide the total calories, carbs, protein, etc./the number of servings (in this case popsicles) you got out of the recipe (which may also vary from what I got from my recipe which is yet ANOTHER reason, of many, that I don't provide stats).

OR there is the hand method:

You can simply jot down on a piece of paper the information for each ingredient you used. Add it up and divide by the number of servings!

I hope that helps. I get a lot of notes from folks imploring me to do stats for my recipes but I'm quite passionate about not doing it, not because I am lazy (although I am kinda) but because Bariatric Foodie is about empowering YOU to take control of YOUR eating life. To do that you need to know how to figure up your own stats.

Now tell me...was that or wasn't that about fifteen more pieces of information than you wanted? ;)

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Most Active
Recent Topics