tylonol or alieve?

barbiieedoll
on 1/29/12 5:21 am
I am 6 weeks out....grandson has a cold and sharing....what can I take for the runny nose and can I take tylonol or alieve? I have a neck ache also, dont know if its connected or slept wrong.

I like alieve but have heard we cant take anymore of that, is it true?
Also, I was told liquid or chewable, does that apply to tylonol too or cold meds?

Barbie Phillips    
cajungirl
on 1/29/12 5:24 am
Tylenol is fine to take, do not take Alieve it's an NSAID and could cause you major problems, like ulcers.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

barbiieedoll
on 1/29/12 5:47 am
Thanks, that is what I had heard, but wasn't sure if
Alieve was part of that problem.
Barbie Phillips    
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/29/12 5:26 am, edited 1/28/12 5:28 pm - OH
You CANNOT take Aleve since it is an NSAID, but I dont understand why you are looking to take pain medication for a runny nose. {edited: nevermind,, i assume the pain meds are for the neck. I was confused because you intiially mentioned the runny nose.} You need an antihistamine.

If you are physically able to swallow pills there is no reason not to do so. At 6 weeks out, the swelling of the stoma should have resolved (if not fully, for the most part, anyway),

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

barbiieedoll
on 1/29/12 5:46 am
Ok, thankyou, I can always count on you or Kelly, as well as some others too,  to reply quickly and accurately to my posts, especially when needed.
Sorry about the misunderstanding, I am hurtimg in the neck too, but didn't go into lots of detaI. Didnt sleep right or it may be something with this runny nose...you know, like achy thing, but the rest of me feels ok so far.

I havent taken alot of tablets, I was afraid they would get caught. All my stuff is chewable except blood pressure and that is only a half of tablet that I split up into 2.
Thanks again
Barbie Phillips    
hedrider
on 1/29/12 10:56 am - Midlothian, TX
 Tylenol for the neck.  No more NSAIDS.

I would really recommend biofreeze though.  Tylenol is not really that effective on muscle pain.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 144 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?