A few things that have helped me- now 3 weeks

graceinpas
on 2/4/12 9:37 am
 I just thought I would put these out there....(I had a revision, a large hernia and c section adhesion repair so I am behind a lot of people in their recovery.  You may be able to do some of these things earlier than me.)

1.  Leslie Sansone walking dvd.  Just getting to be able to do 1 mile these past couple of days in addition to being able to walk around my block. (Mustangmama inspired me to get going since she was on the treadmill!)

2.  Started wearing my pedometer to see if I can start getting a little more active. (buy the pedometer leash- well worth it!)

3.  The gladware 1/2 cup containers are great for portioning out my foods that I make.  The cup size are way to big for me and the food looks too small and depressing in there : )

4.  Eggface's protein ice creams have kept me getting my protein and are really delicious.

Happy Saturday night to everyone!

Saying good bye to the fat, uncomfortable life I am living and hello to a thinner, more active second half of life!!!!    
taylorwayzz
on 2/4/12 9:49 am - MI
I use the Leslie Sansones walk dvds also!!! I am up to the brisk 2 mile walk and its really not that bad!!! Happy Saturday to you also!!!!
 Lynnette                 
graceinpas
on 2/4/12 10:03 am
 I like the DVD's because you can go at your own level and make it harder as you get stronger.  Can't wait to get to 2 miles : )

Saying good bye to the fat, uncomfortable life I am living and hello to a thinner, more active second half of life!!!!    
(deactivated member)
on 2/4/12 10:17 am
 Are these a "walk in place" DVD?
graceinpas
on 2/4/12 10:23 am
 yes - but she adds little kicks or side steps, etc. to make it more interesting.

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/12 10:36 am
 Well I am going to go and check that out. Right now I am just stepping with my WII. I need a little change up, it gets boring after a few months of this. LOL 

Hope you had a great day

Pam
(deactivated member)
on 2/4/12 3:16 pm
 I love the Leslie Sansone walking DVDs.... I really like her 5 mile one with the 2 minute jogging intervals!!.... She has a bunch of different DVDs.... Different lengths and different intensities.... I give her much  
graceinpas
on 2/4/12 12:56 pm
 and I need to try the Wii!  Anything for variety in exercise!!!!

Autumn Jensen
on 2/4/12 1:56 pm - Lind, WA
RNY on 03/06/12
Oh, the Wii is so much fun! I personally love it! I can do the exercising at home and not be out in front of people thinking that they are making fun of me due to my size. plus, when i do the bowling or tennis or any of the games, i don't think i am exercising, i am having fun but i sure do sweat a lot. i have to wear a headband to keep the sweat out of my eyes.

Chilipepper
on 2/4/12 3:26 pm
I am glad your feeling good!!  You are fresh out...have you been cleared by your doctor for this level of exercise yet?  Normally it is 6 weeks post op.  You have so many tender internal stitches...I would check with your doc just to get his ok. 

You have a great outlook and will be very successful in your journey..but now is the time to rest and fully heal... 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active
Recent Topics