@$#% Ulcer

owlisn
on 2/6/12 8:40 am - NC
 So I saw my surgeon today and found that the pain I have had for the past 2 weeks was not hunger, but an ulcer.  How frustrating!  

I know I am reasonably early out, but I am ready to be able to eat without needing to get up to go to vomit.  

NSV though, I am down another size in jeans.  Once these get too big, I will have to buy single digits which I haven't done in 20 years.
Allison

waitinggame
on 2/6/12 10:16 am - Bowie, MD
Whoo hoo on the pants! Boo hoo on the ulcer. My friend had the exact situation you describe. Just got to enjoying some food then the ulcer and back to liquids--it was not her favorite experience! But thankfully you found it because they can be nasty little things and from what I hear they can hurt like hell!

How are they treating you? They threw her back into the hospital for a WEEK! Hope that is not your fate!

Feel better!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

rbb825
on 2/6/12 11:58 am - Suffern, NY
did you have an endosopy to check for the ulcer and a biopsy to check for hpyloir?  There are totally different treatments for hpylori positive or hpylori negative treatments.

Were you taking a PPI prior to diagnosis?  Did you take any NSAIDS? aspirin? steroids?  smoking? alcohol?  these are all possible causes for ulcers.

If the ulcer is due to hpylori then you need to be on a Prevpac and if not hpylori, you need to be on a PPI and carafate.  Prevpac is 2 antibiotics and prevacid

owlisn
on 2/7/12 6:56 am - NC
 I have not had H. Pylori, steroids, NSAIDs, anything.  The MD said sometimes they just happen, about 3-5 in 100.  I was on a PPI before surgery, so now I am back on plus Carafate.  The Carafate acts like a liquid bandaid to help the ulcer heal.
Allison

Most Active
Recent Topics