Frustrated... more whining from me

kayleighs_mommy
on 2/10/12 5:06 am
This is definitely a reoccurring whine from me.  I am just getting so frustrated....

My first month post-op I lost 14 pounds.  It was less than I expected or wanted, but it was still a good number and right within the range I should be.

Now......  I will be 2 months out on Tuesday, and I have only lost 3 more pounds 

I am doing everything right   (other than only getting 30 minutes exercise daily)  I am charting every bite that goes in my mouth.  I am drinking 48-64 ounces water a day.... pretty much always the 64.  I am taking my vitamins, I have, on m my own, raised my cal and protein requirements from 500 cal 45 protein I'm supposed to stick to according to my bariatric department to 800 / 60+

Still no loss.  I just don't understand how someone who is 260+ pounds and taking in less than 800 calories a day can not lose weight!!!    WTH??????

Sorry for my whine.  Any encouraging words??????
canigetthattogoplease.blogspot.com

RNY 12/20/2011

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/12 5:14 am
Hang in there girl!  I just posted that I lost 80 lbs in 6 months...and you know what?  I only lost about 5 lbs my second month.  It was discouraging and evil!  But you have to get past it.  I honestly thought that my body was at the point of saying, "What in the hell have you done with me!? EAT woman!!!"  It takes some time for your body to adjust and realize you're not starving yourself (which is why its holding on to your fat for dear life).  It will catch up and realize - oh, your trying to lose weight and then you'll have a new post by the end of your 3rd month. 

Hang in there girl!!!  You can do this!!! 
kayleighs_mommy
on 2/10/12 9:44 am
Thanks!! 
canigetthattogoplease.blogspot.com

RNY 12/20/2011

BWB
on 2/10/12 5:15 am
 My loss hasn't been exactly stunning but it is consistent and I hate to tell you but you have to exercise.  30 min would be the minimum and 1 hour will get results much faster.  i would guess that you need more protein and maybe a little more calories.  But not sugar calories.

Annie G.
on 2/10/12 5:16 am - Valparaiso, IN
If you're not getting enough calories you can put your body into starvation mode.  Rather than using those calories for fuel it's kepping them "just in case."   I know in my case we were 60-80 g protien from the get go. 

I suggest talking to you doc or nutritionist about your concerns.

Hang in there!!
hedrider
on 2/10/12 5:25 am - Midlothian, TX
Just one - Patience.  You will have many stalls.  Save yourself some heart ache and just go with it.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/10/12 5:38 am, edited 2/10/12 5:38 am
I agree with everyone else and have one thing to add: don't forget to measure! It is entirely possible to lose a few pounds but see a big difference in the measuring tape. Some weeks I have not gone done a single pound but I have lost inches.

Oh, and one other thing. When I was a only a few weeks out I worried that I would be the only person on the planet whom RNY didn't work for. It had been so long since I had seen a size 20 or 18 that I could not imagine what that would be like. I was shoehorned into most of my 26s.

Flash forward to now: I will be 5 months out on 2/12/2012, and I resolve to post pics of what I look like. I might even post a pic of my stomach. Why? Not because it's so incredible, but to give other people hope (and maybe to scare some mice away).
Reel
on 2/10/12 8:38 am

I'm here with you, I'm a pretty slow loser. I've been going to the gym more consistently. As a matter of fact, I'm heading there now.

Highest Weight: 314, Pre-Op Weight: 294, Surgical Weight: 279, 1st Goal Weight: 170, 2nd Goal Weight: 155, Current Weight:163

Laura in Texas
on 2/10/12 8:57 am
Your body is just in shock. And your exercise level is fine. I did absolutely no exercise the first 7 months and still got to goal by month 14.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Jost Dreams
on 2/10/12 9:19 am
I've only lost 50 pounds in 5 months so I understand your frustration.  I have gone from a size 20 to a 12 and am firming up so I'm happy.  Taking it one day at a time, exercising, eating right and drinking, drinking, drinking.  It will happen!