Having a hard time getting my head on straight this time

Nycm
on 2/10/12 12:54 am
RNY on 02/21/12 with
 Last moth I started my two week five 8.5 oz Muscle Milk light a day pre-surgery diet by day11 I had lost 11 pounds. Then my surgery was cancelled and rescheduled for Feb 21. I started my two week diet again this past Tues and I am having such a harder time sticking to it. Everytime I feed the kids I find myself taking a nibble her or there. 

I need to get on track. I am posting this so that I can see it out there  hoping it will set me on the right track and make me accountable. 

Christine

JerseyJim
on 2/10/12 1:01 am - Sayre, PA
I totally empathize with you.  On my WLS journey, nothing has been as hard to do as the two week pre-op liquid diet.  It was truly psychological torture, and I cannot imagine having to do it twice.  I'm sorry that you have to go through this, but it's a necessary evil.  Good luck.

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

jennalynngay
on 2/10/12 2:21 am, edited 2/10/12 2:22 am - Cedar City, UT
RNY on 02/15/12
I am on day 9 of my liquid diet, only 5 days left to go. I am feeling like I am going to starve to death, but the only thing that is keeping me going is the fact that my new life is about to start.. always look toward the future! Keep your head up :)
Life is a canvas.. and I am trying to make a masterpiece.

Weight loss since I moved to Utah.   

lilbear412
on 2/10/12 2:25 am - MN
Both of these people are soooo right.  It WAS the hardest part of the whole surgery for me too..besides a bit of the emotional torture i seem to put myself through on a daily basis post surgery.  ha!  you will understand that soon.  good luck and keep moving forward.

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

xtine
on 2/10/12 2:58 am - San Jose, CA
Hello.. I can tell you from experience two things.. 1. It is HARD to do the pre op liquids only diet. 2. If you don't follow it you risk surgery complications.

I did not stick to my pre op diet completly.. I did mostly but not completly.. nibble here, there. I still lost 12lbs in 2 weeks.. then my surgery day came. It took my surgeon 2.5 extra hours because of my fatty liver. Luckily he didn't have to convert to OPEN from LAP but he said that was the next step. I was in surgery for almost 5 hours and my family and friends were freaking out.

Do yourself and your surgeon a favor and stick with it. Please!! It was a bit scary.

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.