Please help me!!!

healthier_me09
on 2/9/12 11:40 pm - kannapolis, NC
I am a little over 3 years out from having rny bypass. I have gained 43 pounds !!! I slipped and I don't know how to get back on track. I was thinking about something else surgically but I just don't know where to begin...

Ivory

shellbell75
on 2/10/12 12:19 am
Are you in a support group? Have you tried going back to basics?
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

poet_kelly
on 2/10/12 12:35 am - OH
Do you know what caused the regain?  Did you start eating less than healthy foods?  Eating larger portions?  Drinking with meals?  Stop exercising?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BWB
on 2/10/12 1:18 am
 You need to post info on what your highest weight was, your goal weight, age, height, etc.  It might be that you set unrealistic goals and your natural weight is somewhat greater.  For instance, a friend was 425 lbs. and she got to her goal but has gained back 50 lbs.  She is active, she doesn't eat too much ( in fact forgets to eat) but I remember when she was a teenager and she had a higher weight than her friends so her natural weight is higher.

It is so easy to be in denial and go over your limits.  Do you think you are keeping your daily requirements in mind (water)?  Take it a day at a time and remember to stop eating when you are full, stay off carbonated beverages, no caffeine, no fried food, and exercise daily.  Portion size plays an important part of diet control.

For most of us here it has to be a daily project to buy the right foods and stick to your goal.

good luck.

healthier_me09
on 2/10/12 1:47 am - kannapolis, NC
My HW 372. SW 358. LW 269. I have been eating sweets, fats, fried and junk. I know this is all my faults. I have fallen off the wagon big time. I eat when I'm not even hungry...I can't eat as much but I will snack all the time. I have a mind to do right but I never follow through. Just like today at work a co-worker brought in a suculant chocolate cake...I had a very thin slice when I shouldn't have. I need serious help. I really wish that I can meet someone who has been in my situation and got back on track and stayed there. I don't want to kill myself eating... I had the surgery to become healthier. My ideal weight would be 210 or 220. I have never been small and don't expect to be. I just want to be in a healthier state of well being.

Ivory

Ladytazz
on 2/10/12 2:29 am
I hate to hear you say that it's all your fault.  I am of the belief that many of us have eating problems.  I honestly couldn't help it when I was eating out of control.  It wasn't my choice but once I started I couldn't stop.  Like an alcoholic I realized that it was the first (whatever) that got me in trouble.  The first bite of refined carbs for me.  Once I decided to eat something with sugar and or flour I was powerless to stop.  The only control I could manage, with my higher power's help, was not to have that first bite.
I am a revision.  I failed my first WLS miserably because I didn't address my eating issues.  No WLS will be effective with out of control eating.  I felt like I was given a second chance and I decided to use it to help me deal with my food demons.  It is not easy but it can be done, one day at a time.
Find a counselor or group for support.  It is hard to fight this alone.
You have already taken the first step my reaching out here.  Now take it further and find a counselor or support group to help you more.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

poet_kelly
on 2/10/12 3:34 am - OH
Why don't you start with cleaning out your kitchen this weekend?  Get rid of all the sweets and junk food.  Then go shopping for lots of healthy protein foods.  Avoid stuff that is easy to snack on.  For me, that means not having a lot of finger food around.

Can you ask your coworkers for help?  Just ask them to please not offer you goodies when they bring them in.  Tell them their cakes look so delicious it's hard to turn them down but for your health, you need to avoid them right now so please don't offer them to you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jrmfairbanks
on 2/10/12 2:46 am - NC
I agree...find a support group.  We cannot do this alone.  I also got a trainer.  He kicks my butt when I need it too.

Most Active
Recent Topics