Protein Bars - I give up. They all suck.

Zeigled
on 2/11/12 11:15 am - Parkton, MD
I give up on the protein bars....first I don't like peanut butter.  Second they are all so SWEET - what is with that? Everyone one I've tried - makes me nauseous.  I've tried cliff, luna, odwalla, go lite, adkins, special K, oh yeah, pure protein, pure protein....

They are all sweet and they all make me sick....I guess I'm just eating more meat.
HW 357 SW 341   

dufiedog
on 2/11/12 11:30 am, edited 2/10/12 11:31 pm
Have you tried Quest bars yet? I love them and they are nothing like most protein bars. These are very dense bars, taste great heated for a few seconds, no funky coatings, won't melt in your purse and have great stats. Most bars are 200 cal or less, 20 grams protein, 17-18 grams fiber, and only 5 -6 digestable carbs. Check them out on Questbar.com

Zeigled
on 2/11/12 11:43 am - Parkton, MD
Will do - I'll try it.
HW 357 SW 341   

grmadeb01
on 2/11/12 11:57 am - FL
you can read Niks reviews of each bar...i read her reviews and then got some..but you can order them from her site too...she gets credit for it that way....check out bariaticfoodie.com

i hope i spelled it right Nik...
debby
missjann
on 2/11/12 12:32 pm
I'm with you...and frankly for the calories, I would rather have real food. I
always carry a protein bar with me in case I'm somewhere and find myself
fading fast, but otherwise I don't rely on them for protein during the day.
They simply don't appeal to me and I can get my protein from food and my
morning protein chai drink.  But, for those who like them and like the
convenience, I think there are zillions you can try and starting at Nik's site
is sound advice.  Good luck!
    Jan

redheadjean
on 2/11/12 1:08 pm - Canton, MI
Some of the bars you list have too much sugar in them for us to be eating - like cliff and luna.  I agree with the person who told you about Quest bars.  I love the ones with splenda.  They also have a line with no splenda - they use Stevia and Erythritol to sweeten them so they can be called "all natural".  The site is www.questionproteinbar.com.  My favorite is the chocolate brownie bar and if you warm it in the microwave it really tastes like a brownie.  I have these for breakfast while I driving to work a lot of mornings when I have to be in too early to eat before I leave the house.  They are lifesaver for me.  When I was early out I would only eat 1/2 at a time, so if you do get some, you might want to start slow with them. 
Jean  
Mia H.
on 2/11/12 1:52 pm - OH
 I love Quest bars.  If you have a Vitamin Shoppe near you, they are starting to carry them.  I just got some brownie and vanilla almond ones.  Apple Pie is my favorite.  

Michelle E.
on 2/11/12 8:19 pm
You could always make your own... eggface.. i believe has more than a few recipes on line..

michelle
LJ1972
on 2/12/12 5:41 am - FL
be sure to place your order through Nik's site www.bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com .... she gets some loose change from it and we get more great recipes!!
Cleopatra_Nik
on 2/12/12 6:31 am - Baltimore, MD
You know what...maaaaan....I love you people!!!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Most Active
Recent Topics