Surgery in 4 days and I'M SICK!!!

lovemykids3
on 2/12/12 7:23 am
 So I'm scheduled for my RNY surgery on Feb. 16th and I starting with a pretty bad cold Friday night. I saw my doctor Friday and told him I could tell I was getting a cold and would they postpone my procedure if I still have it on the 16th? He said they won't postpone it for a cold, but I wonder!! It has gotten significantly worse since Friday already. I am so worried they won't do it. I haven't had any fevers or anything but I am still worried they won't do it that day. I've been waiting for this day to come and now this!! What am I going to do!! :(
Kat Kat
on 2/12/12 7:31 am - AZ
 Listen to your doctor, he said he will do it with a cold. I'm certain you're just nervous after waiting so long. Relax!

Nell R.
on 2/12/12 7:34 am - Hewitt, TX
As long as you're not running a fever you should be good to go for surgery.

SafetyTurtle
on 2/12/12 8:45 am - Cincinnati, OH
I came down with a nasty sinus infection and cough the week before my surgery, and was told so long as I don't have a fever, they'd do surgery.  I was 99.0 when I checked in at the hospital, and he was fine with that, and I'm still here so he made a good call LoL  I think I would have flipped my lid after waiting 5 years for this surgery if they canceled it b/c of my sinus infection.  I was Neti Potting all day and night trying to clear it out.  The bad thing about having a cough...oh my goodness did that hurt coughing after surgery!

I hope you get better soon, and I'm sure your surgery will go on as planned!  Keep us posted!

Gina :~)
Marianne H.
on 2/12/12 9:18 am - Alanson, MI
Revision on 03/31/15
 I went through the very same thing back in September. I had a sinus infection that went down into my chest. I was really worried but the truth is this....the surgeon will only do the surgery if he thinks it is safe to put you under anesthesia.  Mine sent me for a chest xray just beforehand, and once he was satisfied that it looked ok, off to the OR I went. He wanted to be sure that I would be able to get off of the vent afterwards. You have lots of time left before the 16th to get better. The most important thing is getting you through this safely. I wish you the very best of luck! We are saving you a seat on the losers bench :

happy_baker
on 2/12/12 12:34 pm
RNY on 02/15/12
Vicks Vaporub. Smear it on your feet and between your toes, then put on a pair of thick socks.

I swear, within an hour, you'll be able to breathe.

I'm rockin' some Vicks socks at this very moment, and my sinuses don't know what to do with themselves, they're so grateful. It's a miracle cure.
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 240 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 269 views