Something that really helped me!

wvugal89
on 2/16/12 3:46 am - MD
For all of you who have yet to have surgery or are newbies, this is my one piece of advice!
You will be given a lot of information - preop, post op, pureed, liquid diets. Foods you can and can not have, etc. A ton of paper that could overwhelm you, so this is what I did!

I took it and turned it into a weight loss three ring binder! I three hole punched everything and organized it into a weight loss bible! Whenever I have a question or a concern, I go to my binder and get the information. I am able to see how much protein is in food, protein drinks, etc.

It has helped me so much, I still carry the notebook wherever I go and I am eight weeks out today!

Maybe I am more obsessive compulsive or anal retentive but having this information at my finger tips has made supplement, food, and beverage shopping so much easier. I also have a BMI chart which I am using to cross off each number I go by!

Just my two cents!

Teri-Lynn
POI

badkitten
on 2/16/12 4:06 am
great idea!!!!!!! - I did this with recipes I "can have" - healthy things that are high in protein.....I add to it all the time!

way2kay
on 2/16/12 4:21 am - Crosby, TX
 it is a great thing to do...i was fortunate that houston has a great weight management program that my surgeon is a part of, & they gave us a 3-ring binder {bible) so that we always knew we could refer back to the information...it covers pre-op, surgery, post-op, meds, diet, etc...

now, i think i'm gonna add a section for recipes i pick up along the way...that's a really great idea!!!
Kay

Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another "What! You too?  I thought I was the only one!!"           - C.S. Lewis    
lilbear412
on 2/16/12 4:37 am - MN
I am also lucky that way that my surgeons office also does a binder with all the numbers and information i need in it. 

So this is an excellent idea to do this. 

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

stlfocus
on 2/16/12 5:22 am - IA
I also used a binder with dividers - I would have been totally lost without it.  My nutritionist said she liked to work with me because I was so organized.

MichelleNC
on 2/16/12 6:32 am
 Great idea I'm going to start mine tomorrow. I love the BMi tracker!  I have a recipe binder going I might just add to it.

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/