Any Suggestions for daily shake?

vicki.okc
on 2/16/12 5:51 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Hi Everyone, although my surgery is not scheduled for the next 3 weeks, I am starting to introduce the shakes into my daily routine.  Does anyone have suggestions on what kind and which flavor worked best for them in their four weeks post surgery?  I would LOVE to have the money to go out and buy every flavor of every kind, however, that's just a 'little' cost prohibitive - LOL!  I do have the Chike samples but would appreciate anyone's comments on what they liked.  Thanks - and good luck to ALL of us! 
Jackie M.
on 2/16/12 6:05 am - Fairhaven , MA
Hi, if you like coffee the Nectar Cappucino is excellent. It has decaf coffe in it, not regular coffee so no caffeine.  Taste just like a coffee shake. yumm.  Also if you like the tast of mint, About Time  Mocha mint is really good too.  Both are whey isolate protein which is the best to have post op. 

jenfasano
on 2/16/12 6:22 am - CT
Hi

My doctor gave me a recipe for a shake that will blow away ANY of the nasty ones you buy with 30 grams of protein!!

1cup chobani plain yogurt
1 cup of hood calorie countdown milk ( i found it in stop & shop) only 35 calories
1 cup of frozen rasberry ( or whatever fruit you like)
i use2 truvia to sweeten it

Libby0218
on 2/16/12 6:50 am - TX
I like the Synthrax Nectar in Pink Grapefruit.
HouptMom
on 2/16/12 6:57 am - PA
 Just posted a little bit ago.....we made a wonderful orange protein shake today.  Used bariatric advantage orange protein powder, water, ice, and a little half and half.  It was creamy and super delicious!

HW 267/SW 243/CW 177/ GW160

vicki.okc
on 2/16/12 7:31 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks to everyone for these suggestions! I'm going to try several this weekend so I'll have results later . . . Vicki
godayhiking
on 2/16/12 9:36 am - CT
I thought the Baratric Advantage + Chike shakes were too thick + chalky.  I love banana, but I could hardly choke down the Chike.      During preop phase, I bought the Syntrax Nectar 14 unit sampler which exposed me to a lot of diff flavors.  Most were too sweet for my taste.   The Fuzzy Navel and Cappachino were best so I then bought the 2lb jug of each..    I mix 3 scoops cappachino into a quar****er bottle, add 2 heaping teaspoons decaf instant coffee and about 16 oz fat-free milk.   I then shake it for a full min to eliminate all lumps and then top off the bottle with more FF milk.    Its about 28 oz total, enough for 2 large glasses worth almost 40 gms protein each.   For a real treat after mixing, put pint glass and water bottle in freezer for 20 min.   Set timer.   Remove and shake well.   Its a delicious ice-cream like coffee mocha shake that tastes delicious.    I do same freezer/glass thing with Fuzzy Navel, but its not nearly as rich tasting as cappachino due to water used instead of milk.         
myminime
on 2/16/12 9:56 am - Eugene, OR
I drink this pretty much every morning. It rocks

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/2011/12/niks-protein-peppermint-mocha.html

I use 100% Whey in chocolate from CytoSport - it's the big bag you get at Costco, but I'm pretty sure you can use whatever.
HW:  255  SW:  225.7  CW:  156.3

nkara
on 2/16/12 10:04 am
 so far I haven't had much luck with protein shakes.   I get nauseous with all of them.  I have had nectar, click and protein max.   I really wish I could tolerate them.  
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

GRIFFING83
on 2/16/12 10:10 am - GA
The only 2 protien shakes I can stomach are the ready to drink muscle milk light and the gladiator shake with choice of fruit from smoothie king. The smoothie king shakes are nice because they have 45gms of protein.