5 days out and im miserable

sarahmathis1681
on 2/17/12 10:56 am
RNY on 02/13/12
i know surgery is surgery and im going to have some sorness but the gas is whats killing me ive been drinking and walking and its still there ugh please any advice would be great
IrishIze
on 2/17/12 11:08 am - NJ
Perhaps a call to the surgeon would be in order.  S/he might be able to order some sort of gas relief med for you.  Please continue to walk, that is the best way to get the gas moving.  Hope you feel better soon....
Irish......  

michelle.z
on 2/17/12 11:11 am - Barberton, OH
Hey there! I know how you feel...I felt the same way several days after my surgery. Lots of pain in my shoulders especially! The nurse told me at the hospital that most patients don't really start releasing the gas until 4-5 days after they get home. And she was right. I did take the GasX strips, but when the gas is not in your stomach and is out in your peritoneal cavity, it doesn't really work. The only thing I really did was keep moving. Trust me when I say in a few more days, you'll start to feel MUCH better! Good luck!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Country_Girl_Annie
on 2/17/12 11:13 am
RNY on 01/30/12
I agree,  call your surgeon's office and see if they recommend something. I went through a tough time with my surgery and I understand miserable it can be. Hang in there! You will have good days and bad days but eventually the good days will get better and far outnumber the bad days!!
HW 270  /  SW 256  / CW 212

myminime
on 2/17/12 11:15 am - Eugene, OR
You might try a heating pad - that helped me. I don't know if it was in my head or if it really did help, but whatever - it worked

Like everyone else has said - hang in there! You'll get past it super soon!
HW:  255  SW:  225.7  CW:  156.3

WCrown
on 2/17/12 11:16 am - NE
Hey there. Try the gas ex strips. They worked well for me. Also lying on your left side will help the gas move down through your colon so you can pass it easier. That's the nurse in me not the patient. But give it a try I hope you feel better.

jdragr
on 2/17/12 11:20 am - AL
RNY on 02/09/12 with
So sorry that you are having a difficult time. I just got out of the hospital with a small bowel obstruction that put me back in the hospital on day 5 so I know how a problem can make you think what have I done. I just keep telling myself this will pass also.
SW 296

IrishIze
on 2/17/12 11:21 am - NJ
Another thought, have someone pat you on the back or shoulders, wherever you are feeling the pain...sometimes that gets it moving - like burping a baby! 
Irish......  

labellavita1982
on 2/17/12 11:38 am - Neenah, WI
It will eventually go away. I had the same issues after my surgery.

HW-500lbs SW-381 CW-235 GW-185
Steph
skwerlylove
on 2/17/12 12:45 pm - IL
I feel for you! Going through one surgery and then the revision.... the gas pain is the WORST. My surgeon gave me a lot of Reglan and that seemed to be the one thing (in conjunction with walking) that helped. I am 9 days out from my revision, and I haven't had gas problems since all the Reglan.

Hope you feel better soon, it is THE PITS.
Most Active
Recent Topics