Vitamins again :-)

dawn4511
on 3/7/12 3:07 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
What kind/brand do you use?
What are you taking?
Where are you getting them?

Thank you so much for responding, alot has changed since I was an active patient and I feel kinda lost now with it.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

poet_kelly
on 3/7/12 3:17 am - OH
I Centrum multis or a generic equivalent and take two a day.  I usually buy them at Meijer.

I use several different kinds of calcium citrate.  I get generic calcium citrate tablets at Meijer.  I use Upcal D, which I order from Colonial Medical.  I also like the Bariatric Advantage caramel chews and the Calcet creamy bites from Celebrate.  I take 1500 mg a day.

I use Sundown Perfect Iron, which I get wherever I find it really cheap.  Sometimes at Meijer, sometimes from drugstore.com or iherb.com.  I take 75 mg a day.

I use generic vitamin C with my iron, whatever I happen to find cheap.  I take 500 mg with my iron.

I use Vitalady Tender D3, ordered from vitalady,com of course.  I take 50,000 IU three or four times a week.

I also use Vitalady Tender A, 25,000 IU three times a week and Vitalady Tender zinc twice a week.

I do B12 shots once a week.  I got the B12, and the syringes, from the Kroger pharmacy.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dawn4511
on 3/7/12 4:05 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Thank you so much for the information. Your iron is it chewable?

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

poet_kelly
on 3/7/12 4:06 am - OH
No, small tablets I swallow.  The only chewable vitamins I ever use are the calcium from Bariatric Advantage and Celebrate.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

christinalee
on 3/7/12 5:11 am - At Home in, NH
Multivitamin: CVS chewable brand equivalent to Centrum Silver Chewable [one morning; one night]

Calcium: Vitacost Calcium Citrate Chewable with D3 and Magnesium [1,500 mg per day; breakfast, lunch, dinner]

B-12: Nature's Bounty/Nature's Made sublingual(I think? Whatever is sold at my local CVS) [2,500 mg 3 x per week]

D3: Nature's Bounty or GNC brand [10,000 mg per day dry caplet]

Iron: Feosol (carbonyl iron) [at night bedtime at least two hours after my last calcium]

Vitamin C: WOS (whatever's on sale), chewable 500mg [taken with my iron]

Magnesium Oxide: WOS, 500mg [2 per day at breakfast]**aids with regularity

Coalase caplets (not really a vitamin but part of my daily regime): WOS [2 per day at breakfast]**aids with regularity

Digestive Enzyme (again not really a vitamin but part of my daily regime): WOS [1 tablet per day]**aids in digestion...gotta love live acidophilus cultures in your gut!

Except for the calcium (which I purchase online at vitacost.com, I get all my other supplements at local drug stores or big box stores and try to get the BOGO offers)

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 79 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 260 views