Vitamin question

BellaSaid35
on 3/22/12 11:24 pm
Hey all- I am 5 weeks out and cannot tolerate chewable vitamins or calcium anymore. The make the throw up almost immediately. I have been taking regular centrum and citrical petites for the past three days and feel much better. But it occured to me that I didn't know if that was okay- is there a specific reason to take chewables, or are regular vites okay?

Rny 2.14.12

A. C
on 3/22/12 11:46 pm
you should speak to your doc, they may not want you on regulars yet (or they may be ok with it) but either way, give them a call
Natali1983
on 3/23/12 12:20 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
MY DOC SAID CHEWABLES FOR ONLY 1 MONTH..AFTER THAT TAKE PILLS CUZ HE SAIS U DONT GET THE FULL VITAMIN WHEN ITS A CHEWABLE
Natali

poet_kelly
on 3/23/12 2:06 am - OH
Why wouldn't you get the full vitamin when it's a chewable?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 3/23/12 2:04 am - OH
According to the ASMBS, regular vites are just fine.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rbb825
on 3/23/12 5:10 am - Suffern, NY
once you are a month out the pills are fine.

imgettingfit
on 3/23/12 5:21 am - Millersville, MD

I love my nutraMetrix powdered vitamins and calcium that I mix with water and drink...tastes like Tang and is absorbed very quickly because it's isotonic.

Very happy with them...it really comes down to personal preference and what you can tolerate.

You may want to try samples from several different companies.
Height: 5'6" SW: 234 

tripler
on 3/23/12 7:43 am - Livermore, CA
RNY on 02/07/12
Hi, can you tell me where you got your nutrametrix?  I'm having a heck of a time getting in my vitamins and calcium.  Either there too big, too gross, or have to take too many!  Can't get it right....

imgettingfit
on 3/23/12 8:14 am - Millersville, MD

I was having the same problem...getting grossed out and stressed out about getting all the vitamins in at the right time.

nutrametrix has its own website.  Here are the products that were recommended to me for WLS:

Isotonix Calcium Complete....90 servings will give you 3 a day (one in AM, two in PM) for a month.

Isotonix Multivitamin WITHOUT Iron...30 servings, once in the AM is enough for the day

If you are okay with the Tang taste, you will like this...so easy to take

I got mine the first time from a rep at my WLS hospital during a transition seminar, and they gave me a free plastic cup which I use every day just for this.  If you ask a rep on the phone, I'm sure they'd send you one.

Don't mean to sound like I'm pushing this stuff...it just has really helped me!  And I like the fact that there's no chance a pill will pass through me without getting absorbed.

I use Bariatric Advantage sublingal B-12 and the delicious Raspberry Choc. Truffle Iron chews...look forward to those every afternoon.  And I take my dry vitamin D every night with the double dose of calcium.

Hope this helps!
Height: 5'6" SW: 234 

tripler
on 3/23/12 4:01 pm - Livermore, CA
RNY on 02/07/12
Thank you!  You have been a big help.
Most Active
Recent Topics