Had surgery on Monday, nearly died today... GAS was my alleged killer.

kkjordan78
on 3/28/12 4:56 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
Oh, the horror! Why didn't someone tell me!? Why didn't I listened?!  Gas pains are KILLER! Walking does help but I am still suffering.

Otherwise, feeling pretty good. I still need pain meds, maybe I am a weenie. I should be released later this evening. I have urinating good and even had a BM or something like it! I am ready to head home.

Nurses said that the drain will peobably go home with me. Is that necessary?

How much should I be taking in at this point. I am working on broth, jello and water... No more nausea yet. That is about all I have right now. Will keep you all updated as I can.
Lisa        
Karly Green
on 3/28/12 4:58 am - Middletown, NJ
Gas-X saves lives! Try it!

Watch what I eat at myfitnesspal.com username karkar28
_Donna_
on 3/28/12 5:04 am
Fly!
Flap your arms up and down and around. This will keep the gas from settling in your shoulders.
Also, get someone to pat your back, like burping a baby.
slashes
on 3/28/12 5:40 am
Ditto the above - Gas-X can be your new best friend

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

pattymac65
on 3/28/12 6:14 am
Walk...sip...walk...sip... repeat!

Congratulations and you're not a weenie.  #1 thing I learned on these boards is every person and every plan is different.  Just follow your doctors orders and you'll do great!

Zaniiaim
on 3/28/12 6:33 am - CA
 A heating pad helped and my husband beat on my back for me.  First days are the hardest, just take it one moment at a time.  Good luck!

Aimee
RNY 3-1-12

RNY Revision 10-4-18

MrsLitch
on 3/28/12 11:52 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
you are not a weenie! You will do fine!! Listen to the others and get some gas X and keep sipping and walking. Remember just a few days ago you were worried they wouldn't even do it....

Have a safe trip home and keep us updated!
1Haute Diva
on 3/28/12 12:56 pm - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
I agree with everyone else. Gas-x, pats on the back, and walking will definitely help.
- Shaw

rbb825
on 3/29/12 10:11 pm - Suffern, NY
you are not a weenie - back in 1998, I had lap surgery for reflux = same idea of gas pains, I woke the first night screaming I am having a heart attack -the pain in my check and shoulder was so bad I really thought I was having aheart attack. I had never had surgery before and wasnt' warned that it was going to happen. the nurses all came running with all the machines, EKG's, blood pressure machines, oxygen  - you name it they had it but everything was normal thank goodness. They even took blood to rule out a heart attack.  But when they called they called the surgeon, he knew exactly what it was.  He came in and explained it to me.  I wasnt allowed out of bed yet with that surgery, so I just had to massage it and use a heating pad until the next day when I tried to get out of bed

Most Active
Recent Topics