Getting VERY nervous

JillieJill
on 3/29/12 9:45 pm - NJ
My surgery date, Monday April 2nd is quickly approaching.....and I am so nervous.   Is there any advise to help the time pass with less anexiety?  Any tips or tricks?

Thank you!!!
Jill
Jennifer M.
on 3/29/12 9:49 pm - MN
RNY on 02/17/12
 You'll appreciate a clean house and a clean desk at work.  Clean out your pantry, if you haven't already done it.  Enjoy some fun with your friends and family, because after surgery, you will be to into yourself to appreciate time with others for a couple weeks.

Sunnygurl
on 3/29/12 9:55 pm - VA
RNY on 02/28/12
If you havn't done so already...  measure yourself...  take before pictures...  capture this moment...  so you can track your progress.  Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery...  Keep us posted.

sweet-tart2012
on 3/29/12 9:58 pm - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
When you go on your liquid diet, you'll get so sick of it;  all thoughts of surgery will vanish!     Sorry, couldn't resist.   Get your kitchen pantry in order.  I got a new book the other day that I love - Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies by Brian K. Davidson, David "Chef Dave" Fouts and Karen Meyers, MS, RD/LD                         I wish I had bought this sooner.  Great food ideas inside for each phase of your surgery.  Might consider buying it - at least it will help keep your mind off of the surgery for a little while.  (I've given all my old cookbooks to my family and am only using 3 weight-loss cookbooks plus Nik's and eggheads sites.)    Oh, goodness, just noticed your surgery date!!  OKay, let's think.  Get your bag in order for the hospital stay.  If you have young children play alot with them this weekend!  Take hubby to the park, etc. etc.  Trying to say, spend quality time with your family.  You may be too sick to do that for a short while after.             Best wishes

1Haute Diva
on 3/29/12 10:07 pm - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
Yes! Like others have said I went on a cleaning frenzy. By the night before my surgery my house was immaculate, there were no dirty clothes, and MY cabinet of all my shake/vitamins/etc for after surgery was nice and organized. I also spent time hanging out with friends (as if we wouldn't see each other for months lol). You can even catch some good movies o. Tv that will get you ao involved that you won't think about the surgery.

Good luck Monday! For me, the anxiety was much worse than the surgery!
- Shaw

Weighting2Bskinny
on 3/29/12 11:02 pm
It's normal to be nervous. Mines on the 9th and I'm a tad nervous. More excited than anything. I will say a prayer for you right now. God bless!

GOD BLESS YOU            
summerjoyZ
on 3/29/12 11:37 pm, edited 3/29/12 11:38 pm - TN
 WALK WALK WALK in the hospital after the surgery. It really helps speed up recovery. The first week after will be the hardest thing ever, but it is so worth it when you step on the scale and realize in 2 months you've lost 48 pounds like me :) Good luck and speedy recovery

slashes
on 3/29/12 11:38 pm
I too cleaned everything in my house, got all the laundry done folded and put away. I had one clean and organized house prior to surgery - now not so much - lol. Good Luck.

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

KELLY R.
on 3/29/12 11:51 pm - PA
RNY on 04/04/12

My surgery is scheduled for Weds the 4th so I know how you feel, but I'm actually more excited right now... however come Weds morning... I'm sure then the nerves will really set in, but I have so much on my bucket list of things I want to do I just keep trying to focus on all the good things and just keep telling myself NO PAIN, NO... well in this case LOSS, lol. 

Plus, the discomforrt is only temporary... it's going to be an adjustment and a learning experience everyday but in the end I've only ever heard 1 or 2 people out of the 100's I've been in contact with ever say they wouldn't do it again in a minute.

Best of luck to you!!!

Peace & Blessings... Kelly                                             

HW 292 / CW 191 / GW 130

lotsofhope80
on 3/30/12 9:43 am - OH
RNY on 04/02/12
 Hi Jill,
I'm an April 2nd surgery day too!! I dont have much advice becaue I am also just completely distracted by it all! I spent all day at work today trying to tie up all loose ends, and now trying to do the same here at home. It has been such a long road, I cant believe its almost here!! Good luck, I know we will both do great!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 482 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 405 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 166 views
Recent Topics