Phase 2 and weird tastes are already emerging

JillieJill
on 4/7/12 5:47 am - NJ
 I'm on the whole liquid diet and I hate hate hate protein shakes and pudding. Th only way I can get myself to eat it is if I reward myself with a few tablespoons of low fat cheese soup. Which I hated prior to my surgery. Is anyone else finding they love or will eat things they hated in the past?
On2BetterThings
on 4/7/12 7:32 am - Germantown, WI
RNY on 04/03/12
when was your surgery?
JillieJill
on 4/7/12 7:53 am - NJ
 Monday. :)
sweet-tart2012
on 4/7/12 9:38 am - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
Yes.   The tastebuds and your sense of smell go absolutely crazy!!

tjmgray
on 4/7/12 9:51 am - CA
RNY on 03/20/12
 I am on the pureed, and everything is tasting bad. I am not getting in my protien or water, but I am trying. Seems like I have a horrible taste in my mouth all the time. I am constantly brushing and using mouthwash but it only helps for a short time. Antone have any suggestions?

JillieJill
on 4/7/12 10:10 am - NJ
 Oh I get that taste too. It's stale and tastes like its coming up from something rotten deep inside. I just chew gum. Brush my tongue and sugar free breath mints. I like plain 0% chiobani yogurt with a small spoonful of sugar free jelly for flavor. It's 10 grams.  There is also a protein pudding you can buy at vitamin world. Not my favorite but I will eat the vanilla w cinnamon. I think that has 30 grams in it. 
Barb H.
on 4/7/12 10:32 am - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
The bad breath and taste in your mouth is caused by ketosis. This is what you want and when your weight loss will be optimum. Gotta just bear with it.
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

Kid_Icarus
on 4/7/12 1:50 pm
As soon as I was allowed I had to drink some pickle juice. I've never drank pickle juice before, but it really hit the spot! 
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 485 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 412 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 176 views
Recent Topics