papers not sent to insurance company

Tamikaallen85
on 4/22/12 11:13 pm - OH
Thursday I talk to the lady at my surgeon that deals with the paper work, and she said that she was going to get it sent off that day. I called the insurance company and they said that they haven't seen it. What should I do?......
MichelleNC
on 4/22/12 11:27 pm
Call the Drs office she might have had a emergency, she might have realized something was not completed in your paperwork before sending it off and she was getting it corrected. Could be one of more of many things. Call the Drs office.

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Tamikaallen85
on 4/22/12 11:37 pm - OH

Thursday me and her on the phone went over everything. She might not have time to send it because she I think we talked around 3pm so that can be a possibility. This whole process is making me anxious.

joeswife1109
on 4/22/12 11:55 pm
 I spent two weeks playing cat and mouse trying to get my gosh darn paperwork to the insurance company. I literally had to call the insurance company to get the correct fax # because the girl who is at my doctor's office could not figure it out. Once it got faxed in, I had my approval two days later. I completely understand your frustration. I was pretty ticked I had to do her job for her.
skullhawk
on 4/23/12 12:45 am
RNY on 05/01/12
 Same thing happen to me. I met surgeon march 21 then she told me she send 23rd I called insurance every day morning and afternoon insurance told me no files there then I called nurse what's going on. She said wait 4-6 weeks files will show up on System computer. Until April 18th insurance said finally show up pending hold then 24 hours 3 pm I called insurance again it's approval! I'm having surgery on may 1st. I feel you! Don't give it up!
poet_kelly
on 4/23/12 1:17 am - OH
Call the surgeon's office and ask them to send it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Tamikaallen85
on 4/23/12 1:31 am - OH

I just talked to the lady at the surgeons office and she said that she sent the papers and I explained that I called the insurance and they said that they had not recieved the paperwork needed for surgery. She then caught a attitude and was like well Ms. Allen I can assure u that on thursday I sent in ur paperwork I will call there when I get a moment and see whats going on. I will give u call later.
I am just getting to anxious for this all to be over with so that I can get my second chance at a new healthier life.

wendydettmer
on 4/23/12 2:13 am - Rochester, NY
i used to call and check up with my insurance company and they never had any record of anything to do with the process, my paperwork, preauth, anything. then a week later i got my approval in the mail.

sometimes insurance customer service are useless

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Tamikaallen85
on 4/23/12 2:32 am - OH
I hope this is the case!
1Haute Diva
on 4/23/12 3:10 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
They can have the papers but not have them in the system yet. When I was going through the process thy sent them in on a Thursday evening but they didn't get into the system until the following Monday. I had my approval 3 days later.
She should know that people will be anxious so her getting annoyed will not help the situation at all (glad you're not the type to get ticked off about that). Hope you get good news soon!
- Shaw

Most Active
Recent Topics