Surgery date scheduled!!!!

cara1980
on 5/6/12 11:31 pm
After 2 years of trying to complete the program I finally have a surgery date!!!! On June 7, my new life will begin! I'm excited and apprehensive all at the same time. I have read some of the posts and find my feelings are normal. I'm also a single mom so I need lots of advice on exactly what I will be experiencing post-op. How long before I can drive? Will I need help once returning home, if so for about how long?  How bad is it to get used to the excess skin? Any advice is much appreciated!  
christinalee
on 5/7/12 11:53 am - At Home in, NH
Congrats on your surgery date! Sorry no else replied, sometimes posts get "buried" really quickly, like on an active Facebook wall.

I don't really know what to tell you about being a single mom and what you may need at home, sorry. I live alone so I just had to take care of myself. Let me suggest you ask just that question again in the later part of the evening, not in the middle of a Monday. On Monday's the board moves really fast.

As for deriving, as soon as you are not taking narcotic pain meds, you can drive. I was driving three days after I got home.

With children (I don't know what age the are, but if they are young, you will probably need help for a few days, remember you won't be able to lift anything heavier than 5-10 pounds for about a month.

I can't tell you how hard it will be to deal with the excess skin, because you may not have a whole bunch, or you may have some. Excess skin is just what happens whenever you lose weight, regardless of how you do so. But that's why they make spanks, right? Just know that most persons would rather deal with the excess skin, instead of the morbid obesity and all the I'll effects of that. And, there's always plastic surgery potential if you save your money and plan accordingly.

Again congrats, good luck and try posting again a bit later in the day when posts don't get buried so quickly. There are many single Moms on this board who would be more than willing to share their experience and advice with you.

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 192 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views