Gained

jennifer W.
on 5/9/12 12:08 am
So I've gained a pound. How did I gain????? I did up my exercise but I didnt think that would make me gain. I've gained 5lbs before from hormones and then i lost it within 2 days. This pound isnt going away! I want it gone. Anyone know why I gained? Thoughts? I just dont want this to become a new thing. My diet is the same the only thing that has changed is my exercise.
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
poet_kelly
on 5/9/12 12:20 am - OH
It's one pound.  Maybe you are retaining water, maybe you have gained some muscle, maybe since you are malabsorbing fewer calories by now eating the same number of calories led to a slight regain.  I don't know.  It's one pound.  Why so much anxiety over one pound?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jennifer W.
on 5/9/12 12:27 am
Honestly, IM afraid its going to be a recurring event each week. In the past with diets and fads I'd lose 50lbs and then I'd start gaining a pound and then 2 then 3 and so on. I know this is different but my mind keeps going back to those times.

Madden
brown_eyed_girl_1981
on 5/9/12 12:51 am
I always notice a 2-5 pound difference when it's my time of the month, and 5 days later I re-weigh and it's gone.
♥Pam♥
RNY  8/16/06  Starting weight 262 / Current weight 152
ORIGINAL GOAL 160/ NEW GOAL 140   
chatterpam
on 5/9/12 2:09 am - PA
Hi Jennifer - I so understand what you are feeling. I am terrified about gaining the weight back too. What I have come to realize is that my weigh bounces 1-2 pounds daily. Sometimes the pound or two bounce stays with me for weeks. I talked to my nut and I am doing what I am supposed to do, so I just stick with it and sure enough it goes away.

Check in with your nut, and doctor if your feel you need to, to put your mind at ease. You are making huge strides in your journey!

jennifer W.
on 5/9/12 2:43 am
Thanks, I called my nut and she said to start counting my calories since I havent been. She said that shes sure that it is probably water weight since its the week before my period.

Madden
aesposito
on 5/9/12 2:31 am
Heck, I don't mean to be gross here, but I've had BM's that have weighed more than a pound... drink a lot, eat right, keep the plumbing moving (so to speak) and you will wake up one morning with that (and more) gone....

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

jennifer W.
on 5/9/12 2:40 am
hahaha! I havent had a BM in 2 days so maybes thats what it is.

Madden
Most Active
Recent Topics