today already?

mmeadows
on 5/21/12 9:54 pm - OH
RNY on 05/22/12
Surgery today. Feels kinda surreal that today is actually here and that in just  an hour I'll be on my way to the hospital to have my organs manipulated. I'm not taking very much with me- just some things to entertain me (if I feel like it), such as my Kindle, cellphone, and mp3 player. I figure the hospital will have toiletries or whatever I need once I'm in there.

I'm very nervous about this; I'm just hoping to wake up at about 2 or 3 PM with the knowledge that I survived it. Please keep me in your thoughts/prayers and hopefully I'll be back to tell about my experience in a few days!
Kat Kat
on 5/21/12 9:59 pm - AZ
Prayer said. See you when you get back.

Kat

channel61
on 5/21/12 10:44 pm - NH
RNY on 05/02/12
Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine.  The worst part for me was the dry mouth until they let me have ice chips.  Oh and getting up and walking around.  It helps a lot.

soozieq
on 5/21/12 11:35 pm
Don't forget chapstick! That was a lifesaver for me since my mouth was so dry all the time.  My lips thanked me.

Best of luck today. You're going to do great!  See you on the other side! :D
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
courtwillbehealthy
on 5/21/12 11:44 pm - burlington, VT
 OMG CONGRATS SWEETIE AND GOOD LUCK!!!!! 
MichelleNC
on 5/22/12 12:50 am
 Congrats I am saying prayers for you! You will be back and posting here soon no worries and enjoy your rest! 

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

mmeadows
on 5/22/12 1:53 am - OH
RNY on 05/22/12
Well, I guess I'm not having surgery after all. Apparently my new psychiatrist never signed off on the clearance forms and they waited until I was at the hospital the day of surgery to tell me. *facepalm*
MBsRNY
on 5/22/12 2:22 am - Baltimore, MD
Oh....so sorry.  So much of the process leading up to the surgery seemed to be hurry up and wait.

Just remember, this too will pass and you soon WILL be waking up ready to start your new life.

HW 270, SW 257, Surgery date: 4/25/12...        
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 292 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views