Quest Bars

SarinaHaas
on 5/23/12 2:34 am - NY
RNY on 02/28/12
I loved loved loved the taste of the Quest Bars. PB & J and Apple Pie were my faves. However, they sat like a ton of bricks in my pouch. Seriously, even just 1-2 bites felt like I just ate a horse. And it lasted for hours, so I can't do them anymore.. :( At least right now!
Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/23/12 2:49 am - Baltimore, MD
A padded warning:

-Quest bars are pretty dense. Most post-ops, you'll find, can only eat about half of one at a time, if that.

-Some folks have been bothered by the ingredients in the bars. I've especially heard this about the naturals line. I've never tried the naturals so I can't vouch for my own reaction.

Having said that, my faves are chocolate brownie and apple pie a la mode. I like to nuke them about 20 seconds in the microwave and find that to be a nice treat.
jazzycatz
on 5/23/12 2:53 am - Joppa, MD
Ditto on nuking them for about 15-20 seconds.  Makes a world of difference.  To me they don't seem quite as dense that way.

I have not tried the naturals line.  But of the others I really like the vanilla almond (really surprised me), the apple pie, and the mixed berry.  The vanilla almond and the apple pie are my faves. 
MBsRNY
on 5/23/12 3:07 am - Baltimore, MD
What's the best place....ie. lowest price....to get them? 

Sounds like I should give them a try....I"m only 4 weeks post op, but can already handle a lot of different foods.   I'll hold off another two or three weeks to try these though.

HW 270, SW 257, Surgery date: 4/25/12...        
Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/23/12 3:23 am - Baltimore, MD
 If you want to try just one, go to Vitamin Shoppe. That way you don't pay shipping.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/23/12 3:29 am - OH
I only eat them occasionally when I have no other protein snack option handy.  Although I like the flavor of several of them (the strawberry cheesecake, lemon cream pie, and apple pie) I also really DON'T like several (the brownie (almost bitter), berry (almost no berry flavor), and PB&J).  most of the ones Ilike are rhe ones with the sugar alcools, which may bother some people. They do have a slight protein smell, but I only noticed it because I intentionally sniffed one.  They have the typical protein bar texture, though, which I don't like, and they are VERY filling and sit heavily in the pouch.  More so than most protein bars I have had. Start with VERY little of one at first since you are so early out (I am almost 5 years out and cannot eat more than half of one).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 385 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 164 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics