the shrinking belly button

jennifer W.
on 5/28/12 12:55 pm
My belly button is almost nonexistent. Unfortunately I have a roll of skin hanging over it. My belly button keeps getting infected. Its the shrinking stinking belly button...gross. I'm washing it more carefully now but nothing is helping. I don't know if its the extra skin hanging over it or because its shrinking that's its becoming infected. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
Trianni
on 5/28/12 1:25 pm - Maryville, TN
RNY on 04/02/12
I had the same problem pre-surgery. No matter how clean I kept it it kept getting infected and you could smell it without getting too close to me. Talk about embarrassing! I was finally told to use cornstarch baby powder poured directly into it. I honestly didn't see how that could help but it did! I had the same problem in the folds beneath my belly and in the creases at the tops of my thighs. The baby cornstarch powder helped there, too, when nothing else would, even prescription medication. I haven't had a problem with infection in a long time.

Hope this helps!

Rebecca 
courtwillbehealthy
on 5/28/12 1:34 pm - burlington, VT
 i  use that too!! corn starch its self works or the baby powder made with it. So silly. 
avivaps
on 5/28/12 7:46 pm
RNY on 02/28/12
 May also be worth documenting with your PCP and photos. I know for some it may help down the rpad with getti coverage for plastic surgery. 

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

Most Active
Recent Topics