When to weight?

Sweetfiregirl
on 5/30/12 7:09 am - MECHANIC FLS, ME
RNY on 06/27/12
When do you think is the best time to check your weight? I was going to do it after exercising but then I thought I read some where not to... Just looking for some suggestions.
Thanks! :)
poet_kelly
on 5/30/12 7:11 am - OH
Whenever you want to.

Many people like to do it first thing in the morning.  If you want to get "consistent" results, you might want to do it at the same time.  Like, if you do it one day in the morning and then another day after dinner, you might weigh more after dinner because you may have eaten something salty and be retaining some water.  

I just weigh myself when I feel like it, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

courtwillbehealthy
on 5/30/12 7:26 am - burlington, VT
 i do it when i first wake up in the morning after i pee (sorry tmi) 
paranoidmother21
on 5/30/12 7:33 am - Lake Zurich, IL
Be consistent in your time if you really want to track changes in your weight.

However, the bigger question is, can *you* weigh yourself regularly/frequently without getting upset if things don't move fast enough?

Seriously, that is a big issue for a lot of people. If not losing fast enough upsets you, don't weigh at all. Just follow your plan (pre-op or post-op), and trust that things will work.

Me, I'm a data junkie. I've tracked my first thing in the morning weight for years, but only pay attention to my weekly average weight. That way, when things like yesterday happen (4 day weekend, many parties, up 2.5 pounds) I don't get upset because I know that it was due to the weekend, and most of it will be gone by next weekend as it was really water retention and the like, rather than actual weight.

Most people aren't data junkies.

Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

ShebasMom
on 5/30/12 8:17 am
Revision on 07/05/16
I weight once a week in the morning and get a 'dry weight', which is after I pee and before I eat breakfast.

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

hedrider
on 5/30/12 10:35 am - Midlothian, TX
 In the morning, right after peeing (and whatever else you might do in there) and strippind down nekkid.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Sweetfiregirl
on 5/31/12 5:17 am - MECHANIC FLS, ME
RNY on 06/27/12
Thank you.... i just bought a scale..... I dont like to weight cause I get discouraged.... however I have to get down 8 pounds in 2 weeks in order to have my surgery.... I figured this will help me hopefully!
Most Active
Recent Topics