Buying a Wedding Dress - Post Op

ginabob
on 6/8/12 6:13 pm
RNY on 06/12/12
Hi everyone,
 I am having my surgery on 6/12 - Tuesday! I'm very excited but having some anxiety over one big issue.
I'm getting married on 9/1 of this year.
I have a lot done. Almost everything actually either planned or in process.
But I have no dress!
That'd obviously  be because I have no idea what size or shape my body will be in 3 months.
Any of you out there have suggestions or stories to share about buying clothes?

Trying not to stress over it but yikes!

Glad to have found this place.  :O)
Gina

Sara O.
on 6/9/12 2:59 am, edited 6/9/12 2:59 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
The only advice I can give you is to buy a dress now and have it tailored later based on your weightloss or go shopping just before the wedding and buy a dress off the wrack. Don't buy a dress and expect it to fit 3 months later because it will be too big. BTW your surgery date is my 3-month surgiversary! I'm already down to a 14/16 from a 20/22. I'm not sure what size you are but expect to be 2 or 3 dress sizes smaller by the time you get married. Good luck!
ginabob
on 6/9/12 1:46 pm
RNY on 06/12/12
Thank you! That is exactly the kind of thing I needed to hear. Congrats to you btw!!!  :O)
G
stlfocus
on 6/9/12 5:17 am - IA
My daughter  had her surgery in February before she got married in November.  The dress she bought in May was huge by the time her wedding rolled around.  The seamstress was able to make it look perfect.  She went from about 300 lbs to 180 by wedding time.  I believe she started out with a size 18 or 20.  I have no idea what size the dress would have measured after alterations.

ginabob
on 6/9/12 1:47 pm
RNY on 06/12/12
Thanks! That's the type of stuff that I needed to hear.  :)
G
Most Active
Recent Topics