I've got the sickies - absorption question....

Alicia F.
on 6/18/12 2:31 am, edited 6/18/12 2:32 am
RNY on 04/16/12
Feeling pretty crummy the last few days....

Started with a sore throat Saturday, now I've progressed to heavy feeling in my chest and coughing up nastiness and tasting blood. Chills, headache, chest hurts when I cough and feel winded.  Not fun at all!

I'm going to the doc after work, but I'm not comfortable with swallowing pills just yet eventhough I'm 8wks out...

Can we use liquid anti-biotics that they give to kids?  (asking in case he/she gives me meds)

Since surgery, absorption is not all there, so I dont know how much I'd absorb.
Or would I just do better with the 'peanut butter' shot in my butt cheek?

Dont know if its viral or bacterial.... blah.... 

april89love
on 6/18/12 3:03 am - NC
I took liquid antibiotics with an infection. It worked just fine.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Dave Chambers
on 6/18/12 4:36 am - Mira Loma, CA
most antibiotics work fine. BUT, I was given CIPRO for a severe cut to guard against infection. I came down with over a week of severe diarrhea, with zero changes in my diet.  I explained to an urgent care doc when I went in for a UTI, and the doc noted on my chart NOT to give Cipro to me, and then changed his script from Cipro to Bactrim.. No issues with the Bactrim.  Doc explained my gut was likely more sensitive post op, and that the CIPRO killed off good and bak bacteria, upsetting the natural balance of the colon.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

hedrider
on 6/18/12 6:39 am - Midlothian, TX
 Yeah, but those are flavored and full of sugar.  Ask if they have sugar free.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/12 7:21 am - waukesha, WI
I just had an UTI.  I took regular antibotic with no problems.
Most Active
Recent Topics