One month post op and not losing weight

tracye
on 6/18/12 10:39 am - Louisville, KY
HELP!  I am finding it impossible to get in 60gms of protein a day. I HATE those shakes and the only ones that I can stomach are too expensive.  I lost 24 pounds the first 11 days after my surgery and have not lost any weight since.  I am only eating 2oz of food, three times per day and have not been snacking or overeating. My 8yr old eats more than I do and I don't see why I am not losing.  Oh, and I have been working out, too...walking, 30 min of cardio and weights, three times a week. What is up with this?  Is it my lack of protein that is doing it?  I am probably getting half of what I should be getting per day.  Thanks!!!
poet_kelly
on 6/18/12 10:42 am - OH
So you've lost 24 pounds in one month? That's a good amount to lose in one month.

You may not be getting enough calories, though, if you're only eating six oz of food a day and no protein shakes.  The lack of protein may not affect your weight loss but it will cause muscle loss, and muscle does burn more calories than fat.  It will also lead to many other problems much more serious than that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jacline2002
on 6/18/12 10:53 am - CO
Which Surgery did you have?
tracye
on 6/19/12 9:50 am - Louisville, KY
roux en y bypass
GraceGirl
on 6/18/12 10:56 am
what shakes have you tried? i hated them all too. I found eas advantege carb control is not bad. You can get them at target they come in a 4 pack pre made for about 5 dollars.
tracye
on 6/19/12 9:53 am - Louisville, KY
yeah, the EAS shakes are prbably the best ones I have found as far as them not being too thick. Saw my dietician today and she told me to use 1/2 C milk adn 1/2 C of water with 1/2 scoop of powder and a TBS of peanut butter in my shakes.  I'm gonna try that.
JUSTJUNQUIES
on 6/18/12 11:37 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
I lost the first 2 weeks and then nothing for 4.5 weeks...then BAM
You have already lost MORE than most people do, keep doing what you are doing and the weight will come off in it's own time

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

tracye
on 6/19/12 9:55 am - Louisville, KY
This is good to know!!  Thanks!!!
Marilyn101
on 6/18/12 12:06 pm - FL
24 pounds in a month.. that is allot of weight.  remember your body is going through allot of changes. It will come off but you really need to get that protein in, it it so important good luck.
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/12 1:26 pm - San Diego, CA
RNY on 03/21/12
24 lbs in one month is a lot of weight!!  I have determined that I really only lose weight one week a month. Not sure why, but I just stick to my plan and know it will happen :-)
Most Active
Recent Topics