What is this feeling?

Jamielove21
on 6/25/12 12:22 am - Carmel, IN
I've confessed that I've not eaten as well as I should.  That being said, there are times that I get "hungry" & get a weird feeling.  I get kind of light headed and flushed.  I start to get hot. I definately get grouchy.  In my mind I keep hearing "You have to eat NOW!!!!"  But nothing seems to help.  I'll eat something high in protein (a small piece of meat or a piece of low fat cheese) but it doesn't seem to help.

Eventually it starts to wear off and I feel normal again.  What is this? 

I'm 3 years post op.

Thanks! 

~Jamie 

SW/CW/GW
281/178
/135ish

SassySteph
on 6/25/12 1:01 am - Lusby, MD
It sounds like a low sugar reaction, those are all of the symptoms I get when my sugar is low.

Stephanie

Tiffani A.
on 6/25/12 1:20 am - Virginia Beach, VA
 I get like that sometimes too, especially is I've eaten something high in carbs with out protein or if I skip breakfast. 
For me, I start to feel better if I eat something like a few whole wheat crackers and cheese or a slice of wheat toast with peanut butter. I try and have carbs, protein and fat.
I do need to eat something high in protein pretty soon again or else it will happen again. I call it "the shakes" and i hate that feeling!
skabets112
on 6/25/12 2:17 am
I get this way, as well. What does the trick for me, usually, is eating few crackers with cheese or PB, or sometimes a piece of fruit. It happened to me the other day while we were out shopping for a gun for my husband (I think I was crazy anyways taking 3 boys (2, 4 & 11) into a gun shop...but that's a whole other topic

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  Phil 4:13

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/25/12 5:03 am, edited 6/25/12 5:03 am
Sound like low - to very low sugar...To make things like taht go away - you need some carbs - fast carbs first - like milk - or even yogurt - followed by proteins.
Peanut butter works for me, or crackers with peanut butter, or 1/2 cup of yogurt...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

hedrider
on 6/25/12 7:46 am - Midlothian, TX
Hypoglycemia - the "eat now" reaction is the body's natural response to the dropping sugar levels.

PB crackers or a small glass of milk help me.  You need a good carb/fat/protein combo food.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Most Active
Recent Topics