A litte scared and confused

Jenya37
on 7/11/12 3:32 pm - Cloquet, MN
 I spoke with the business office where I am to have my surgery.  I received an approval letter from my insurance last week and was told today that I have to pay  $1,700 out of pocket up front, whcih I did.  I received a letter today from the hospital business office stating that my insurance probably won't cover this surgery and I have to sign that I am willing to pay 47,000 out of pocket for the surgery.???? I am so confused.  I have been through all the dietician appointments, psych appointments, and now am wondering if I am going to have to pay for all of this out of pocket? Even if I have an approval letter? 
Jennifer

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/11/12 3:40 pm - OH
I would call your insurance company and ask them.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

hedrider
on 7/11/12 3:40 pm - Midlothian, TX
 I would call your insurance ASAP and see what the deal is.  Perhaps your surgeon has everyone sign that statement, just in case insurance doesn't pay up so they can get it from you?
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Angelena1978
on 7/11/12 4:46 pm - TN
RNY on 07/24/12
I agree..I would definately call the insurance company.  It could be some kind of glich between the hospital and the doctor office.  My hospital isn't technically in network, but they have some kind of agreement with the doctor or insurance or something.  They told me when I went for my pre-op stuff that I might get a bill for the whole thing and not to flip out.  So maybe it is just something like that :)

Angela 

Deb331
on 7/12/12 10:38 am - GA
RNY on 05/14/12
Ask your insurance company for a pre-approval letter.

Most Active
Recent Topics