NSV!!!@@@!!!!:)

poisonivy
on 7/11/12 9:36 pm - lancaster, SC
 I WAS ALWAYS SOOO  SELF-CONSCIOUS AT WORK, WHEN I HAD TO GO TO EDUCATION CLASSES.  WELL TODAY I SAW THOSE DREADED CHAIRS WITH THE ARMRESTS.  I WAS THINKING OH NO!   BUT I SLID RIGHT IN WITH ROOM TO GO.    Yes.
MikesJulie
on 7/11/12 9:59 pm - MA
RNY on 02/07/12

its just one of the greatest feelings in the world.  Congratulations to you and keep up the great work.

(HW) 246 (Pre op weight loss) 9lbs (Surgery weight) 237  (1mo) 19lbs
aesposito
on 7/11/12 11:19 pm
Realizing you can fit places is the best feeling ever!

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Waysta
on 7/11/12 11:22 pm - TX
 This may sound really dumb, but I quit college years ago because I couldn't fit into the desks and was too self conscious to ask or demand a table and chair.  Obesity changed my life course at that time.   I can totally understand how you feel.  I am a teacher's aide now and have NO problem sliding into a desk.
Slow and steady !!!!  Have a Blessed Day !!!!!!                             
Elizabeth G.
on 7/12/12 1:09 am - RI
RNY on 10/18/12
Me too.  That's why I'm currently taking a break from my MBA... too self-conscious and anxious about the chairs and classroom setup.  I know if I asked, they'd accomodate me but then I'd feel even more monstrous and enormous.  ... Sad that we (I) don't DEMAND what I need.  After all, it's a reasonable request.  "You got an extra table? Yeah? Can I sit there?"  ... Ridiculous how we sell ourselves short instead of fighting for reasonable accomodation. I am a person too.... fat or thin, white or black, this or that...
Gypsyw0lf
on 7/12/12 12:38 am - Regina, Canada
 Congratulations!

The chair thing is always a big thing for me, how it changed when I went to restaurants, presentations, anything, even getting invited over to people's homes.  Now I know I fit into the smallest of chairs..well not the smallest, but the 'average' sized armed chair, it's an amazing feeling!

Nessie_88
on 7/12/12 1:01 am - TN
RNY on 05/16/12
I definitely feel where you're coming from. As soon as I get this weight off of me, I'm going to the theme park to ride all those rides that I never could fit on! HAHA. I also know all about not fitting in desks. I would always get to class about an hour earlier than everyone else so that I could sit in the back and no one could sit and stare at my back fat!

poisonivy
on 7/12/12 2:16 am - lancaster, SC
 that was one nsv i didnt post. i did get to ride some roller coasters last month.   it felt great.  I am so glad I made this decision.   It is so nice to have people also who know how you feel as well and the anxiety certain normal situations can bring.  
Zeigled
on 7/12/12 2:25 am - Parkton, MD
YEA!!!!!  I loved that one - esp not getting up with chair still stuck to me.
HW 357 SW 341   

Jewelsstevens
on 7/12/12 4:22 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
AWESOME!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?