powerade zero and sobe water

cheermama1993
on 7/14/12 1:43 am - Fontana, CA
My sister in law is going thru classes right now and they told her powerade zero and sobe water is bad for you to drink. Does anyone know y? she said the teacher told then something about absorbing nutriences.....
artroxy blue
on 7/14/12 2:41 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I've never heard that. They're on my list of drinks I can have. I don't have many of them, though. I'd rather have more plain water or lemon water throughout the day than drinks like these. For me, I find that my weight loss comes to a stand still if I only drink these and Crystal Light all the time. 
msanson
on 7/14/12 2:59 am - CA
hello cheermama. i live in fontana..lol first off i went threw bariactric program at kaiser the options class and sobe water zero was on the list as wellas vitamin water zero.. ive been frinking them forever cuz plain water gets boring .. anyhoo..so feel free to chat me up or friend me lol. i had my surgey done by dr.fedorka . have u had ur surgey done yet ?
cheermama1993
on 7/14/12 5:36 am - Fontana, CA
yeah my sister in law is doing kaiser fontana classes. their the ones that told her....i had surgery almost 5 yrs out...dr. fedorka i know him had a procedure done by him not wls though.
i drink them both a couple times a week and thought it was odd they told her that.
LJ1972
on 7/14/12 3:01 am - FL
I drink tons of powerade zero... so far so good

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

Price S.
on 7/14/12 3:56 am - Mills River, NC
Sobe 0 was fine for my group.  I don't drink it much but sometimes when I am traveling.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

FinallyTime
on 7/14/12 6:45 am - WI
 Sobe, VItamin water, power ade.. they are all on my list of drinkables.. so is 100% juice.  Don't know wny they would tell her that, i like the variety.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/14/12 8:49 am - OH
 Both are on my surgeon's list of approved drinks starting right after surgery.  I looked at the ingredients and nutritional info on the one bottle of Sobe that I have here and I see nothing that would make it a bad choice.  The are SOME flavors of Sobe, though, that are not zero calorie.  Perhaps that is causing some confusion..?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 7/14/12 1:01 pm - OH
I don't know why they told her that.  I think she should ask them.  The teacher said something about absorbing nutrients?  That doesn't make sense to me, but if your sister has questions, she should ask the person that told her.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics