1 Year Surgiversary Learnings +Pics

Zeigled
on 7/22/12 3:35 am - Parkton, MD
Well ....I'm one year out now...from start weight of 341 down to 185.  I have a way to go still.  I'm 5'3" and would like to reduce another 40 pounds - if it happens. If it doesn't, I'm fine with this weight.  I've included some pics because I always like to see other folks comparisons.

Some things I've learned about me...
I need a pattern or routine to follow for eating.  If I have my choice of when to eat or what to eat I usually go off plan.  If I eat the same thing in a small range of times, I do better than if I try to mix it up.
I can exercise....I always thought the treadmill would be the worst exercise in the world.  Well, it works for me.  I watch television when I'm on the treadmill and it provides enough distraction that I just breeze through it.  I'm up to 50 minutes with a 15% incline at 2.3 mph.  Not a marathon runner but I'm able to do it versus a year ago where I couldn't even walk to the mailbox.
I can tolerate the heat a lot more now.  Maybe I don't want to retire to Alaska.  I used to always think I would go someplace cold when I retire.  Now I may take vacations but I'd be happy with my east coast weather.  On that note, I may take vacations.  Before, it was so much trouble to travel.  Fitting in airplane seats, etc.  I would be so tired sightseeing, etc.  I needed to rest all the time.  Now I have some stamina.
I am able to do so much more around the house and personally.  I never realized how difficult everything had become.  It takes a lot of effort to move an extra 150+ pounds around when doing every day tasks.  Showering is EASY now and that darn curtain doesn't stick to me anymore.  I cleaned out my kitchen cabinets the other day - I could stand on a step stool with exceeding the capacity. 
My next step is to focus on maintaining my new lifestyle.  Eating correctly, exercising and continueing to take all my vitamens.
Thank you to everyone on this site - you are and will continue to be my support for all of these changes.
Dawn

Me - 350+ lbs

Me 185

HW 357 SW 341   

Calla Lily
on 7/22/12 3:44 am
RNY on 01/23/12
 What wonderful success you have had over the last year! You look fantastic! Happy 1 year!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

bowlinjj
on 7/22/12 3:59 am - TX
Beautiful!
JJ Spencer  
SW 309 / CW 229 / GW 175
One day at a Time, One step at a Time, We will make it thru this Journey!
MrsLitch
on 7/22/12 4:14 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
Congrats! What a great look into your successful life. Thanks for sharing!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

WifeMama
on 7/22/12 4:52 am
RNY on 06/21/12
Amazing!  I love that you shared some of your new freedoms with your new life.  I can't wait to share mine too!  
Dani Dutch
on 7/22/12 4:59 am - Netherlands
Wow you lost that much in just one year? Amazing!
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/12 5:06 am - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
Wow, you lost so much in that first year!!! Thank you for sharing some of the things that are easier now. I can't wait to experience the same things, especially about travel!
Kenyatta W.
on 7/22/12 5:14 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13
You look awesome!!! Congrats on your success!!! Keep it up!

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

christinalee
on 7/22/12 5:29 am - At Home in, NH
Dawn,

Awesome, awesome attitude at the one-year point. It's all those little things that really add up to making it such a wonderful journey.

Congrats to you for your success, your staying (stick-to-it-ness) power, and continuing to believe in yourself.

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/12 5:50 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
You look awesome and you have learned a lot about yourself. Thanks for sharing.
Most Active
Recent Topics