Walmart protein... help please

Caidkin
on 7/30/12 9:26 am - Canandaigua, NY
RNY on 07/02/12
I've been getting my protein from GNC, but noticed Walmart has some good choices and for less money.  Worried about the taste though.  Wondering if anyone gets their protein from Walmart?

Thank you.
Just had my RNY on 7.2.12!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!         
Cgustavus
on 7/30/12 9:31 am - North Fond du Lac, WI
RNY on 08/23/12
I know my nut said they were nt as good for you, (vitamins and such) so I've stuck to GNC.  I also have to have lactos free, and Walmart doesn't sell that.
  ~Christopher

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

siamsa1
on 7/30/12 9:58 am
RNY on 07/17/12
I buy the vanilla and chocolate ones from Walmart.  My bariatric program actually recommended them in our pre-op class.  The vanilla flavor is really good for mixing in different syrups or other items - as is the chocolate.  A friend of mine likes the cookies and cream as well as the chocolate/peanut flavors.  I stick with the regular flavors so I can mix my own creations.  Good luck!

Jennifer

GraceGirl
on 7/30/12 10:04 am
They are on my approved list. I disliked most of the powders I have tried so I stick with ready to drink.

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

LiciaLou
on 7/30/12 10:32 am - Central, FL
RNY on 08/29/12
I'm still pre-op but I have tried them & the chocolate is pretty good.

My surgeon actually recommends this when we take our nutrition class.

If you go to the pure protein website & sign up for their newsletter they will send you a $1.00 coupon; making it an even cheaper buy.

Alicia ~ HW 307 ~ SW 287 ~ GW 135 ~ CW 160

Larry Wassmann
on 7/30/12 10:49 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
 They were as good as others I tried. I don't like protein drinks that much but have them sometimes, and they tasted fine to me. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Nessie_88
on 7/30/12 10:51 am - TN
RNY on 05/16/12
I can't stomach the powder proteins. I do get protein drinks at Wal mart. I get Ensure shakes, just a couple grams of sugar and 190 calories I think. It's 14 oz and 25 grams of protein. They also have Atkins shakes 11oz for 15 oz of protein , low sugar and calorie. I like these shakes because they're thinner and taste really good because you can't taste that protein taste.

Andi-Lynn
on 7/30/12 10:58 am - TX
RNY on 06/08/12
  I have used the pure protein chocolate favor for the last four months and I really like it
SoCaPinkLady
on 7/30/12 11:26 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
I like the Chocolate Peanut flavor. Walmart will take back what you don't like so you are not out your money. No Questions asked. I returned the Strawberry one.

Lori                               

pattymac65
on 7/30/12 12:44 pm
I use the vanilla powder in proteined oatmeal and think its good.  I buy Pure Protein 35 premade from Walmart.com or Vitaminshoppe.com.  35 grams protein, reasonable sugar/carb/calorie in comparison.  I like vanilla best, but chocolate is pretty good.  Banana was okay for a change.  Didn't really care for strawberry, but drank what I bought.  Cookies and cream was so-so too.  But everyone's tastes are different... you won't know until you try.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 260 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 109 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?